New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voicemail message....

ANSWERED
New Poster

Voicemail message....

We are not using the Voicemail feature thru Xfinity, yet my phone constantly shows a message saying "Voicemail msg via phone co,"  I clear the message and then it rears it's ugly head again.  As I said, we don't have, not have ever subscribed to the phone voicemail service.  I really hope someone can help!  Thanks-

Accepted Solution

Re: Voicemail message....

Thank you.  I did look at our manual and followed those steps.  However, it didn't work.  But I think I may have solved the problem (dare I say...)  In speaking with Comcast/Xfinity yesterday, I asked them to activate our voicemail system with them temporarily.  Then I called our house number from my cell, but had the house phone off the hook (so to speak) so that the call would go to VM system.  Then I left a message.  Then I went into the VM system to delete that message, and it seems to have wiped out that original annoying message!!  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Thanks so much for your help!!  Much appreciated.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Alliegurl1 wrote:

We are not using the Voicemail feature thru Xfinity, yet my phone constantly shows a message saying "Voicemail msg via phone co,"  I clear the message and then it rears it's ugly head again.  As I said, we don't have, not have ever subscribed to the phone voicemail service.  I really hope someone can help!  Thanks-

What is the make and model of the phone you are currently seeing this message on?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

It's a Panasonic Digital Cordless Answering System KX-TGF340

Service Expert

Alliegurl1 wrote:

It's a Panasonic Digital Cordless Answering System KX-TGF340

VM_Tone-Detection.JPG

Since you state you are not subscribed to Comcast's VM feature ( you would have had to specifically request this Feature to be turned off ) you may be receiving a tone and from the Panasonic manual you can disable the VM tone recognition.  See this screenshot of the manual:

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

Thank you.  I did look at our manual and followed those steps.  However, it didn't work.  But I think I may have solved the problem (dare I say...)  In speaking with Comcast/Xfinity yesterday, I asked them to activate our voicemail system with them temporarily.  Then I called our house number from my cell, but had the house phone off the hook (so to speak) so that the call would go to VM system.  Then I left a message.  Then I went into the VM system to delete that message, and it seems to have wiped out that original annoying message!!  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Thanks so much for your help!!  Much appreciated.

Service Expert

Alliegurl1 wrote:

You're welcome and I'm glad you got it sorted out.... I know how frustrating the little things become!  Smiley Happy

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

Yes!!  haha  Thank you again!!

Regular Contributor

if you go into the voice section from the main comcast site (clicking the lines in the upper left corner), go into preferenced, then voice, towards the bottom should be a link for Message Wait Indicator (which is what the flashing light and stutter dial tone are) click edit to the right, then the refresh link. 

New Poster

I was able to resolve this.  But thanks anyway!