Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voicemail box usage vs. capacity

Regular Visitor

Voicemail box usage vs. capacity

I understand that the capacity of my voicemail box is 225 minutes.  How can I find out how many minutes I'm currently using (i.e., how close to "full" am I right now)?

Service Expert

Re: Voicemail box usage vs. capacity

wro222 wrote:

I understand that the capacity of my voicemail box is 225 minutes.  How can I find out how many minutes I'm currently using (i.e., how close to "full" am I right now)?

Comcast does not offer a utility to see what you are asking for....  however, you can go into your acount online, and view the VM's there ( should show you the length of each VM....   Your TRASH VM's also tkae up your alotted 225 minutes so it is best to empty your trash while there....

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

THANK YOU, Ray!  This is my first experience with Comcast Help & Support Forums, and receiving your brief reply is enormously refreshing.  I'd been unaware of this "suppot channel", and VERY FRUSTRATED with telephone and chat support (albeit, my experience with the later is minimal) due to their inability to resolve problems.  I realize your response is but a single "data point", but I HOPE it indicates that Forums -- generally speaking — are an avenue to actual, effective support for the range of services Comcast offers.
  • FYI, I use nearly all services Comcast offers.   Collectively, these services represent nothing short of a critical part of my “life infrastructure” in that they literally enable the functioning of my daily life. (Borrowing from The Book of Business Jargon, they’re mission critical.)   Accordingly, I feel “beholden” to Comcast, since the malfunctioning of mission critical services has an detrimental impact on the very quality of my life. 

I have two follow up questions, but first I'd like to CLARIFY MY PROBLEM:

• My VM box has insufficient capacity to accomodate BOTH 1) my need to save select messages for future reference (indefinitely), AND 2) my need for uninterupted operation of the basic VM functionality (recording messages).  It's unnerving to constantly be wondering whether my voiemail is operational.    
    • Worsening this problem are the following:
      1. I'm NOT NOTIFIED (by Comcast) when my VM box is "full", so I miss many more "would have been" messages than "necessary" since the problem goes unresolved until someone (who has tried to reach me) happens to apprise me of the problem.
      2. As your reply notes,  Comcast does NOT provide VM Box metrics and/or tools toenable me to manage the box  such that I avoid incidents (and durations thereof) of the "shut down" of my VM service.
FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS
  • I noticed a “Download Voicemail” link associated with each VM—but clicking it simply played the recorded message.  I also noticed a “Forward by Email” link, but clicking it took me to an Error Message page.  OH WAIT, after 6 attempts I was able to send the VM to my regular e-mail address.  So my (now modified) question is twofold: 1) Is this the best (or only) way to solve my problem?  2) Why does the “Download Voicemail” NOT allow me to directly download the messages to a folder I’ve specified for archiving voicemails?
  •  What do the the numbers under “Voicemail” on the left bar of the “Voice” page (represented x/y) represent?
  • Do I assume correctly that recordings (and sometimes transcripts) are ONLY available for Voicemail, and NOT for “Missed Calls”, “Answered Calls”, and/or “Placed calls”?   Even if so, is there a way I can save the “logs” shown on under Missed, Answered, and Placed?
  • What is the difference between “Call Screening” and “Call Blocking”?

Finally, the two issues noted under “Worsening this problem” above, should be simple fixes for Comcast.  To whom should I send these suggestions/complaints—as well as other feedback I’d like to convey to Comcast?  I’d REALLY like to know how I can reach the individual responsible for procuring and harvesting customer input (hopefully, at least in part, for the purposes of driving broad action <e.g., system modifications> — as opposed to incident specific action).  
  • Note that I’d like to reach the INDIVIDUAL responsible for customer input, as opposed to a DEPARTMENT.  This preference (individual rather than department) is based on several factors including (as an example) input I’d like to convey about the very processes now in place (of which I’m aware) to capture customer feedback.

PS:  I've tried to "Post" this message using the yellow "Post" button (below) twice, but the system has not given me any indication that the message has been sent or posted or whatever.  I've checked the forum, and (at this point) it doesn't appear.  Therefore, I'll continue trying until I get some sort of confirmation that the system has accepted and directed my message appropriately.  (THIS LACK OF CONFIRMATION IS ANOTHER COMPLAINT.)
Service Expert

wro222 wrote:

THANK YOU, Ray!  This is my first experience with Comcast Help & Support Forums, and receiving your brief reply is enormously refreshing.  I'd been unaware of this "suppot channel", and VERY FRUSTRATED with telephone and chat support (albeit, my experience with the later is minimal) due to their inability to resolve problems.  I realize your response is but a single "data point", but I HOPE it indicates that Forums -- generally speaking — are an avenue to actual, effective support for the range of services Comcast offers.
  • FYI, I use nearly all services Comcast offers.   Collectively, these services represent nothing short of a critical part of my “life infrastructure” in that they literally enable the functioning of my daily life. (Borrowing from The Book of Business Jargon, they’re mission critical.)   Accordingly, I feel “beholden” to Comcast, since the malfunctioning of mission critical services has an detrimental impact on the very quality of my life. 

I have two follow up questions, but first I'd like to CLARIFY MY PROBLEM:

• My VM box has insufficient capacity to accomodate BOTH 1) my need to save select messages for future reference (indefinitely), AND 2) my need for uninterupted operation of the basic VM functionality (recording messages).  It's unnerving to constantly be wondering whether my voiemail is operational.    
    • Worsening this problem are the following:
      1. I'm NOT NOTIFIED (by Comcast) when my VM box is "full", so I miss many more "would have been" messages than "necessary" since the problem goes unresolved until someone (who has tried to reach me) happens to apprise me of the problem.
      2. As your reply notes,  Comcast does NOT provide VM Box metrics and/or tools toenable me to manage the box  such that I avoid incidents (and durations thereof) of the "shut down" of my VM service.
FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS
  • I noticed a “Download Voicemail” link associated with each VM—but clicking it simply played the recorded message.  I also noticed a “Forward by Email” link, but clicking it took me to an Error Message page.  OH WAIT, after 6 attempts I was able to send the VM to my regular e-mail address.  So my (now modified) question is twofold: 1) Is this the best (or only) way to solve my problem?  2) Why does the “Download Voicemail” NOT allow me to directly download the messages to a folder I’ve specified for archiving voicemails?
  •  What do the the numbers under “Voicemail” on the left bar of the “Voice” page (represented x/y) represent?
  • Do I assume correctly that recordings (and sometimes transcripts) are ONLY available for Voicemail, and NOT for “Missed Calls”, “Answered Calls”, and/or “Placed calls”?   Even if so, is there a way I can save the “logs” shown on under Missed, Answered, and Placed?
  • What is the difference between “Call Screening” and “Call Blocking”?

Finally, the two issues noted under “Worsening this problem” above, should be simple fixes for Comcast.  To whom should I send these suggestions/complaints—as well as other feedback I’d like to convey to Comcast?  I’d REALLY like to know how I can reach the individual responsible for procuring and harvesting customer input (hopefully, at least in part, for the purposes of driving broad action <e.g., system modifications> — as opposed to incident specific action).  
  • Note that I’d like to reach the INDIVIDUAL responsible for customer input, as opposed to a DEPARTMENT.  This preference (individual rather than department) is based on several factors including (as an example) input I’d like to convey about the very processes now in place (of which I’m aware) to capture customer feedback.

PS:  I've tried to "Post" this message using the yellow "Post" button (below) twice, but the system has not given me any indication that the message has been sent or posted or whatever.  I've checked the forum, and (at this point) it doesn't appear.  Therefore, I'll continue trying until I get some sort of confirmation that the system has accepted and directed my message appropriately.  (THIS LACK OF CONFIRMATION IS ANOTHER COMPLAINT.)

These forums are generally user-to-user support areas to in effect, allow users to help each other with problems they may have already encountered in their day to day use of Comcast services...   I am a paying customer like you, and also have some issues that are not addressed by Comcast.... but listing them within these forums is not going to get them looked at by any "individual".... 

After reading your post, I would reccomend that you contact Corporate Comcast and setup some sort of dialogue with them....   judging by your questions, I can see follow-up after follow-up in a back and forth with Comcast that just won't happen in these forums.

You can begin the process by sending an email to:

we_can_help@comcast.com

Include all of your information, full name, service address, phone numbers where you can be reached easily, as well as the phone number associated with your account, your account number, and details about all the issues you have been having. Also include a link to this post.

Hope this helps you in the right direction....

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you once again, Ray!

Service Expert

wro222 wrote:

Thank you once again, Ray!

Your very welcome!!!  

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon