Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voicemail alert?

New Poster

Voicemail alert?

How do I know when I have a new voicemail message?  With my former provider, there was a different dial tone to alert you.

Cable Expert

Re: Voicemail alert?

You will have a "studdertone" when you pickup the handset

You will have a visual indication on a phone that has a message waiting indicator

You will receive email messages that you have a voice mail, and you can get the text of the message in that email if you set it up properly in Xfinity Connect.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Voicemail alert?

Beginning a few days ago my phone says I have voicemail whether I do or not. The dial tone was intermittent, the caller ID display said I had voicemail, and the voicemail light on the handset was blinking. However, checking via *99 or the Comcast web site said there was no voicemail. Today those indications vanished and the system is normal.

My question: Is this a Comcast system problem, or could it be something to do with my handset? Phrased a different way, what is the mechanism that turns on the voicemail indications on my handset? Is it a notification system that tells the handset to blink and beep? Can the handset get stuck blinking and beeping?