New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voicemail access not available in Smartzone (Xfinity Connect) - Admins Help

ANSWERED
Contributor

Voicemail access not available in Smartzone (Xfinity Connect) - Admins Help

I recently ran into a problem that I cannot get resolved through front line customer service reps. The eMTA I had prior to June 1st was an Arris DOCSIS 2.0 unit that was working fine until our phone service suddenly died around mid-May of this year (died = absolutely nothing - no dial tone, nothing). When the technician came out on 06/01/12, he upgraded me to an eMTA DOCSIS 3.0 unit, an Arris TG862G because we have the Blast! level for our internet service. I initially had to call gateway support to have the wireless router functionality turned off (inside the Arris 862G firmware) as I already have a wireless router that I've spent an inordinate amount of time configuring and frankly it is much more robust with feature sets than the Arris could ever be. A final comment as I lead into the heart of my issue is this is the 4th eMTA we've had since October 2011, so I'm getting frustrated with trying to get the issues resolved and I've been a customer since Comcast bought out ATT Broadband in our market around 2002.

The heart of my issue is as follows. When this new eMTA was installed I had to call customer service as I quickly realized I had lost online access to voicemail (VM). The Comcast rep (Clint) reset VM and instructed me to go into *99 after the call to setup and record my greeting and set personal options up (and so forth). He also said it would take 24-48 hours for this functionality to be uploaded to the website. This occurred on June 22nd and I am still unable to access VM via the Xfinity Connect web portal, so there is apparently still an issue that stems back to when our VM died in mid-May a couple of months ago. I’ve also noticed that Caller ID is no longer working on my television, which appears to be another symptom of this issue. Even if I login to Comcast.com to access my account, then click the “Voice” button towards the top right, it takes me to a page that says, “Sorry your account doesn’t have Xfinity Voice”. It doesn’t matter if I try to access online VM from Comcast.net or Comcast.com it always ends up in the same place with the aforementioned error message. From what I’ve gathered reading this forum, a ticket can be opened to have this issue addressed if I PM my personal details to one of the forum Admins who takes a personal interest in my issue. If your reply to this is to call customer service, please do not bother replying as I am not interested.

Can someone please help me and open a ticket?

Accepted Solution

Re: Voicemail access not available in Smartzone (Xfinity Connect) - Admins Help

Thanks for the help both of you. I received a call today from the local corporate team who takes care of escalated issues, so I'm hoping my well-worded post was instrumental in getting me the assistance I need to correct this issue. I was told a ticket was opened and someone would be working behind the scenes to fix the issue. Thanks again!
View answer in context
Cable Expert

I've notified the Comcast Cares Team, which their response time varies widely around here.  It could be up towards a week before they respond.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Contributor

Thanks for the help both of you. I received a call today from the local corporate team who takes care of escalated issues, so I'm hoping my well-worded post was instrumental in getting me the assistance I need to correct this issue. I was told a ticket was opened and someone would be working behind the scenes to fix the issue. Thanks again!
Contributor

I don't know if it's better to BUMP my previous post as I have the same issue after moving at the end of December or create an entirely new post to say I'm having the same issue again. After living at our prior address for nearly 17 years we decided to upgrade and move further south and east of town, but again my online voicemail access is dead as a door nail. If someone can help me get this fixed I'd appreciate it.
Problem Solver

bigg62-

Sorry for the late reply with this matter. I will have someone contact you once again to help and resolve this issue.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

New Poster

ComcastLarry-I am having this same exact issue as well, how do I submit a ticket to resolve?

Problem Solver

brianbartelle wrote:

ComcastLarry-I am having this same exact issue as well, how do I submit a ticket to resolve?

@brianbartelle, May I know the exact error you are receiving? Can you please paste a screenshot of the error message you are receiving.

Is the issue occurring on primary account or secondary account?

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

Contributor

Thanks for the help Larry in getting this resolved. I actually had 3 different people working on this at one time, which may have been too many, but it beats being ignored!
New Poster

I found this message stream, and it seems to reflect the same issues that I am having with my account.  For the last couple months, I have been unable to access my voicemail via the internet.  My Comcast account acts like I do not have Xfinity Voice (the error screen says "XFINITY VOICE, Talk as long as you want... learn more" every time I try to log in), which is not the case (I continue to use my phone normally).  I spoke with two customer service representatives, and they told me they had elevated the ticket, but this was a couple weeks ago.  How can I find a way to get this fixed on my account?  It seems to be a setting that needs to be reset.  One of my favorite features is to listen to my voicemail via the internet, so I'd really like to get this fixed.  Thanks!