Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voicemail Preferences corrupted

Regular Contributor

Voicemail Preferences corrupted

I'm having several problems with voicemail, most aggravating among them is that my landline phone constantly thinks I have a message waiting (via flashing light on phone and pulse tone when I lift the handset). Note that I've completely emptied my voicemail and it STILL thinks I have one waiting.  Happens on multiple phones and from multiple wall jacks. I've attempted the fix described in the following thread but it didn't work.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Home-Phone-Features/Voicemail-messages-indicator-always-on/td-p/2903148

And regarding the Voice Preferences page, my account must be corrupted or something because two of the options (see picture below) aren't even available. Call Forwarding and rings constantly says "Temporarily unavailable" and Call Blocking constantly says "Loading". Happens on multiple browsers.  Can someone please fix this?

IMG_6337.JPG
Problem Solver

Re: Voicemail Preferences corrupted

milehiguy wrote:

I'm having several problems with voicemail, most aggravating among them is that my landline phone constantly thinks I have a message waiting (via flashing light on phone and pulse tone when I lift the handset). Note that I've completely emptied my voicemail and it STILL thinks I have one waiting.  Happens on multiple phones and from multiple wall jacks. I've attempted the fix described in the following thread but it didn't work.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Home-Phone-Features/Voicemail-messages-indicator-always-on/td-p/2903148

And regarding the Voice Preferences page, my account must be corrupted or something because two of the options (see picture below) aren't even available. Call Forwarding and rings constantly says "Temporarily unavailable" and Call Blocking constantly says "Loading". Happens on multiple browsers.  Can someone please fix this.

Change your forwarding to the email address you have your messages going to. Disable it. Then

try and see if resolved. Good luck!

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Re: Voicemail Preferences corrupted

Mike, thanks for the reply but could you elaborate (bullet out the steps)?  I don't follow what you're suggesting I do.  Also, if someone from Comcast would care to reply, I'd appreciate it.  I've had multiple service calls over the past few months on the message indicator issue to no avail.  I even had a return troubleshooting call from Tier 2 support scheduled for this past Saturday but no one called me at the prearranged time.  Very frustrating, esp. after deciding recently to keep the digital voice service by extending my contract another two years.