Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voicemail Management

Regular Contributor

Voicemail Management

Q: Can users access and manage voicemail from the Digital Voice Center?

A: Yes, you can manage your voicemail messages and modify your voicemail settings from the Digital Voice Center.  After logging into the DVC, you will be able to review your most recent voicemail message on the Home Page.  If you want to access other voicemail messages either click on the view all button in the Voice Mail section or Voice Mail in the Message Center Status section of the home page.  To modify your voicemail settings, go to the Preferences section of the DVC and click on Voicemail. 

Q: How do I set email notification for new voicemail messages?

A: After logging into the DVC, go to the Preferences section and access the Voice Mail page.  Check the box in the Voice Mail Notification section and select My Email in the drop down box.  Enter the email address you would like to send notification when you receive a voicemail message.  Click Save in the bottom right hand corner of this section.  Note: You can only send a notification to one email address.

Q: How do I listen to my voicemail messages?

A:  After you have logged into the DVC, access the voicemail page in the Call History section. This will open a page listing all of your voicemail messages.  To playback a selected message, just click on the arrow next to the duration of the message you want to hear.  A media player will open up with your voicemail message loaded.  To listen to the message, click on the play button of the player.

Q: How much storage do I have for my voicemail messages?

A: Each message can be up to five minutes long. Your entire voicemail box can store up to 80 minutes of messages.

Q: What happens if I exceed my Voicemail Box storage capacity?

A: When your voicemail box is full, your callers will hear, "Sorry, the mailbox is full. You cannot leave a message for this user." You will not be able to receive any new messages until you have deleted some of your older messages.

Q: How do I change my voicemail password?

A:  After logging into the DVC, go to the Preferences section and access the Voicemail page.  On the right hand side you can change your voicemail password by clicking on Change my Voicemail Password.  Enter your new password and confirm the new password and click on the save button in the bottom right hand corner of the section.

Q: How long will my voicemail messages remain available?

A: Currently, Comcast Digital Voice does not limit the period for which voicemail messages remain available, although your account is still subject to storage limitations discussed above (i.e., a total of 225 minutes).

Q: How can I keep other members of my family from listening to voicemail messages meant only for me?

A: Only those family members to whom you have given the password can access your Comcast Digital Voice voicemail messages. If multiple family members have the password, there is no way to prevent them from listening to your voicemail messages via the voicemail system. However, once you've listened to a message, you can save it to your computer and then delete the message from the voicemail system.

Q: How do I retrieve a voicemail message that I've deleted?

A: After you delete a voicemail message from the DVC it is removed from the system.

Q: If I delete a voice mail using my phone, will it nevertheless continue to be stored in the Digital Voice Center?

A: No, once you delete a message, it is removed from the system.

Message Edited by GeoffG on 04-19-2007 01:09 PM