Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

VoiceMail Confusion

Frequent Visitor

VoiceMail Confusion

This morning a phone call woke me up.  I knew I would never be able to get out of bed and reach the phone in time, so I let it go to voicemail.  When I finally got up. I had a voicemail message.  Later in the afternoon I received two calls on my home from numbers I did not know.  They rang long enough to go to voicemail, but no message ever showed up on my phone and when I picked up my phone to make an outgoing call, there was no indication of a voicemail.

This evening I decided to check something on my cell and it showed I had two voicemail messages.  When I checked them, it was the two numbers that had called on my home phone in the afternoon.  I have no idea how the messages go on my cell phone voicemail and why the morning one did not.

I would call Comcast; however, I tried to call them last week and Wednesday I was on hold for 45 minutes and no one ever came on the line.  On Thursday when I tried to call them, they wouldn't even let me hold, the recording just said the wait was too long and to call back another time.

Has anyone else had this voicemail issue? or does anyone know why this might be happening?  Thanks!

New Poster

Re: VoiceMail Confusion

Is your home phone set to roll over to your cell phone in preferences?  Do you have your home phone and cell phone listed in preference?

Frequent Visitor

Re: VoiceMail Confusion

No.  I don't even know how to set that up.  And why the morning call's VM would record normally, but the two calls that came in later had their messages show up on my cell is totally beyond me.  Plus, the voicemails never showed up as an emails as my VM's usually do.  Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I really appreciate it.  Maybe someday I will be able to get in touch with Comcast and talk to a human -- yeah, right. 

Thanks again!  DDD1985