Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice to Go Debacle

Regular Contributor

Voice to Go Debacle

On Monday December 9, 2013, I noticed Comcast’s Voice 2 go feature and I thought I would try it out. On December 9 after 6 or 7 attempts using the iPhone app to activate, the app reported the request had been made and I would receive an email and the service would be activated in the next 30 minutes. When 12 more hours had elapsed, I called Comcast and the agent couldn’t resolve the issue, opened a case, and informed me that a super-secret level two technicians would address my concern. I would be called within 24 hours. Now more than 24 hours later still no Voice 2 go...

December 11th, called 800 Comcast, spoke to agent about my voice 2 go activation; he spent about ten minutes confirming I am eligible. Then provided me with a special v2go number 866 257 8590. It’s special all right regardless of the time of day it just rings, then after about 10 rings a recording informs me no one is answering and disconnects.

Called 800 Comcast again, this agent had me delete the app, reinstall app and then re-apply and he said in 30 minutes all would be good. Now Thursday at 11am still no voice 2 go. This agent gave me a better super-super-secret phone number  855-242-3693  and this one is much better than the first one, it answers immediately and plays crummy piano jazz music complete with static for apparently however long you are willing to listen to the music.  No other options…

Called 800 Comcast again, spoke with an agent whose English was bit tough to understand. He dragged me through the same steps as before and failed. No luck but this agent escalated my call but this time said I would receive a call between 12pm-5pm. That call didn't happen, I called back and the agent at first said he couldn't find that ticket, though later he did. Now the new "story" I am told is I won't have a call for activating my Voice 2 Go call until 12-15-2013 between 8-9am. I

Call escalated on ticket number CR 346 891 367 created this morning and during that call I was promised a call back between noon and 5pm. That call never materialized.

December 13, 2013. OK, here is the latest from COMCAST BIZARRO LAND. Received call this morning from Comcast. The agent informed me this morning that the Voice 2 Go service is unavailable in my area. Never mind that's totally contradicted by what I have been told by at least five calls to their support line and their agents did checks on equipment and capability and all confirmed availability. Their web site, their app present the agreement and begins the process. Never does it say the feature is unavailable.  Further, I have been given just flat wrong information repeatedly on other support matters involving X1 I no longer have any confidence in what Comcast states. However, I guess this journey, at least for now is done.

What a joke company Comcast has made itself into at least from the support perspective is about all I can say.

Regular Contributor

Re: Voice to Go Debacle

Funniest of all, after being told Voice 2 go service was unavailable I got a call tonight from a hardware/software tech and he activated my voice 2 go service.  

Regular Contributor

A hint for Voice 2 Go and iPod Touch users..   The Comcast Connect App is apparently not smart enough when installed on an iPod Touch 5th generation (same form factor as iPhone 5) running ios7 doesn't know to ask if you want to allow the app to access the microphone.  You must go to settings and do this step yourself otherwise no one will be able to hear you.  On an iPhone 5 with ios7 the Connect app is smart enough and asks if you want the app to access the mic.

Regular Contributor

One more thing,  Right after Voice 2 Go activation Caller ID was nuked.  I placed a call to Comcast and they said it would take up to 48 hours to fix,  Shortly after the call CID started to work although the name field was often blank.  Seems to be getting better as time goes on.   But even more annoying, I now find that I can't get incoming calls at all if the caller has Comcast.  I can receive inbound calls from AT&T.  Waiting on hold for the geniuses at Comcast...

Regular Contributor

Saturday morining my neighbor discovered she could no longer call me from her Comcast landline – she gets a message my phone is temporally unavailable, yet I can get calls from other AT&T landline calls. One more thing on my iPod Touch 5th generation the Comcast Connect App isn’t smart enough to prompt you to allow the app to access the iPod’s microphone and you have to be smart enough to figure that out on your own. The app does know enough to ask with an iPhone 5.  Spent more than hour on hold and talking to a techncian whose brightest comment was to have my neigbor call in her problem.

Saturday night More bad stuff AND really annoyed.  The geniuses that activated Voice 2 go, and gave me no caller id, no incoming call from a Comcast landline neighbor and now I have discovered have managed to mess up my voice mail.  Or more correctly NO VOICE MAIL as that was my choice made years ago.  Now what happens is a caller (that is a caller that is allowed to call through to me) is intercepted  by Comcast’s  voice mail and is informed that the voice mail box you are calling is not in service – good bye. 

JUST GREAT!   

I DIDN’T HAVE YOUR VOICE MAIL ENABLED NOR DO I WANT IT. I WANT CREDIT ON MY BILL FOR ALL OF THE PAIN, MY  WASTED TIME, MISSED CALLS, HOURS WASTED WAITING ON HOLD TO SPEAK WITH YOUR AGENT TO FIX WHAT YOU BROKE ON THE LAST CALL.  SUGGEST YOU CORDINATE WITH MARK BURD. 

Regular Contributor

Had been posting my issues on the xfinty facebook page as well as here.  Sunday morning a Comcast agent called me and by about 4pm all known issues resolved.   What a struggle but resolved.