New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice service not working

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Voice service not working

How do I connect a Netgear AC1750 router and an Arris TM822G togethet so that my voice service will work?

Accepted Solution

Re: Voice service not working

rickelaineb wrote:

Ray,

Thanks for the help. I have Comcast Triple Play. The router that Comcast supplied was not strong enough.  I only connect to my router wirelessly, that is where the Netgear AC1750 comes in. It was strong enough to to reach my desktop. The router unfortunately does not have telephone ports (this is where the Arris TM822G comes in). I need the Arris to supply voice only. I hope this helps.

Thanks again,

Rick

rickelaineb wrote:

Ray,

Thanks for the help. I have Comcast Triple Play. The router that Comcast supplied was not strong enough.  I only connect to my router wirelessly, that is where the Netgear AC1750 comes in. It was strong enough to to reach my desktop. The router unfortunately does not have telephone ports (this is where the Arris TM822G comes in). I need the Arris to supply voice only. I hope this helps.

Thanks again, 

Rick

Umderstood.....  you need to "split" the cable and provide a coax feed to both devices....I would call into Comcast and ask if they can provisin that TM822G though...I believe that recent posts have stated that Comcast is no longer allowing 822's as a retail device.....

View answer in context
Service Expert

rickelaineb wrote:

How do I connect a Netgear AC1750 router and an Arris TM822G togethet so that my voice service will work?

You probably should post this over in the Home Networking forum... but I will give it a shot here...   Are you trying to get another service provider's phone to work on your home network ( Vonage perhaps? ).....    First, I would BRIDGE the TM822G and use only the Netgear as your primary router... secondly, I would look at your devices Support pages online, again if that is another phone provider you were talking about...

-=Ray=-  

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Ray,

Thanks again,

Rick

Service Expert

rickelaineb wrote:

Ray,

Thanks again,

Rick

rickelaineb wrote:

Ray,

Thanks again, 

Rick

Umderstood.....  you need to "split" the cable and provide a coax feed to both devices....I would call into Comcast and ask if they can provisin that TM822G though...I believe that recent posts have stated that Comcast is no longer allowing 822's as a retail device.....

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Ray,

You were right about the splitter... Comcast finally gave me that suggestion as well. They did allow the TM822G only that is not the equipment designation they used in their listing of my voice equipment. They list three voice and data modems... my Netgear AC1750 isn't even listed.  The TM822G is listed but it is not called a TM822G. I don't understand their record keeping at all.

Thanks for your help,

Rick

Service Expert

rickelaineb wrote:

Ray,

You were right about the splitter... Comcast finally gave me that suggestion as well. They did allow the TM822G only that is not the equipment designation they used in their listing of my voice equipment. They list three voice and data modems... my Netgear AC1750 isn't even listed.  The TM822G is listed but it is not called a TM822G. I don't understand their record keeping at all.

Thanks for your help,

Rick

You're welcome!  Glad to have helped...    btw, what DOES Comcast call your TM822G nowadays ?????

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Ray, Here is how Comcast lists my equipment:

Voice Equipment

• Voice and Data Modem
    Serial Number: BCCAB517739E MAC Address: bc:ca:b5:17:73:9e
    More information about your Voice and Data Modem
    Make & Model: Arris Interactive, L.L.C. TG862G

This has the correct picture; the MAC Address and Serial Number are actually the device's MTA MAC Address.

• Voice and Data Modem
    Serial Number: BCCAB556FB82 MAC Address: BC:CA:B5:56:FB:82
    Make & Model: AR TG862G

• I do not have this equipment.

• Voice and Data Modem
    Serial Number: BCCAB5735952 MAC Address: bc:ca:b5:73:59:52
    Make & Model: Arris Interactive, L.L.C. TG862G

• I do not have this equipment.

I hope this helps,

Rick

Frequent Visitor

Ray,

My Netgear AC1750 is not even listed in Comcast's list of my voice equipment.

Rick

Service Expert

rickelaineb wrote:

Ray,

My Netgear AC1750 is not even listed in Comcast's list of my voice equipment.

Rick

I noticed that....  but they do list the TG862G gateway which is an all-in-one device....

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Tried that twice... phone worked, Wi-Fi couldn't reach the desktop.

Rick