Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice package is misleading! Ripping off military!

Highlighted
New Poster

Voice package is misleading! Ripping off military!

I am an active duty military who recently got stationed in Lemoore California. Due to a call from setting my PG&E, I was referred to a Comcast Bundle package being offered on that same month by the phone guy I talked with, I played it cool so I let the guy transfer me to Comcast since it seems it was a great offer at that time.  The salesperson I talked to mentioned that if I get voice + internet, it will get me only 40$ per month. But I was not intrigued by getting a new phone, since I already have one anyway but the only reason that I will reconsider on getting such package is having "Long distance calling" free. I clarified with the sales person of Comcast that if it is free for me to call back to Philippines and Japan I will surely get the package, in which the guy HAPPILY SAID that YES I CAN CALL PHILIPPINES AND JAPAN unlimited and free since it is part of package. I still doubt his statement so the moment the installer guy from comcast arrived he also BACKED UP what the salesperson said in which FREE CALLING OVERSEAS! But after 2 months, because of my trustful nature I never really checked my comcast bills I just let it autopay, today I managed to check my bills with shock and disgust on how much my actual bill was! Come to think of it, LONG DISTANCE CALLING according to the chat rep is only within States and its territories which is SIMILAR to every other phone, so why did I get Voice service in the first place? Promotion is misleading here in Lemoore (and  hopefully not other place) and I am not trusting COMCAST on its tricky promotion. I only have minimal salary and serving the country and this is what I get, and guess what I have to pay now a cancellation fee just to take off Voice package. Awesome Service! 

My email is kridskull41@yahoo.com

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation