Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice mail problem

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

Our VOIP voice mail service has stopped working, after several months of trouble-free operation.  We noticed that we were not seeing any "blinking-light" indications on our home phones (Uniden wireless phones) indicating that a voice mail was received.  I called my home phone from my cell and heard the default "The number you have reached .... is not available.  Please leave a message after the beep".  Our personalized message was gone.  After I left a test voice mail message, and hung up, there was still no "blinking light" indicator on the home phone. I pushed the voice mail button on the phone and heard "You have no new messages" .  I then tried dialing *99 on the home phone, and heard " you have 61 new messages".  The first message was from 6 months ago; and I know I had previously deleted all my old messages  -  typically after I accumulate a dozen or so messages.  It appears that the voice mail system needs to be flushed and reset.  Hopefully someone from Xfinity can do this or tell me how to do it.

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 2 of 4

I have a similar problem. My panasonic phones don't have a light but usually displays "New message" on my phone. I noticed it was not showing and I knew I had voice mails because they are forwarded to my email. I tried dialing the #99 that we have dialed for years and I had to enter my pin, which I guessed after a few times (never had to previously). Like you, I had old voice mails (26) that I had previously erased. And how do I erase them all at once?? You have to listen to the whole message to erase them. I don't think so!!  When Comcast makes changes, I wish they would inform their customers. Their new website is not much help in my opinion. Guess I'll buy an answering machine again?

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4

I did find out that you can dial "33" after the old message starts to play to take you to the end of the message.  Then you can delete it without having to listen to the whole messsage (which I did for the first several messages  -  drove me nuts).  regarding the original problem, I was able to talk with a level-one tech at Comcast.  She put in a request for a level-two tech to call me back within 72 hours.  If I learn anything useful, I'll post it here, hopefully for your benefit.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 4 of 4

You can delete a voice mail when it is playing by pressing 77. There is no option to delete multiple VM's from the phone, but you can do so by going to https://vm.connect.comcast.net . Just check mark all of the voice mails you want to delete and then hit the delete button. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon