Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice mail on house phone

Frequent Visitor

Voice mail on house phone

I keep getting the signal on my house phone saying I have a voice mail but I really don't.  And when i do after clearing the voice mail the phone still beeps that there is a voice mail.  This was a common problem before with a lot of people and Comcast finally had fixed it but now it is back

New Poster

Re: Voice mail on house phone

I am having the same problem. I was on the phone for over an hour with Comcast, nothing has helped so far.  I am sorry that this message isn't helpful to you, but I am hoping that someone out there will have an answer, and hopefully contributing to this conversation will help bring it to someone's attention.

New Poster

I am having the same problem. My message indicator light flashes continuously, even though I've cleared all messages and the voice prompt tells me I have no messages.

Cable Expert

There are two things to try, first call your home phone and leave a new message, then go in and delete it.  Many times that clears the MW indicator and / or studdertone.

The only other option is for a Comcast support agenet to clear it on the switch, you will have to call in or do a live chat.  1-800-266-2278

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I am having the same problem. Phone screen indicates new voicemail when there are no voicemails. This comes on the tail of an area outage that prevented our ability to access voicemail from the phone by dialing *99. Comcast, how about fixing this??
New Poster

why do i still show a voice mail and there is none on my listl.. how do I get rid of it. thanks..

Regular Visitor

Just completed a new post on this topic prior to seeing this series. Does Comcast ever read these and note the dissatisfaction by its customers?  Ever see its ratings in Consumer Reports?  They are poor.