New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice mail indicator on home phone

ANSWERED
New Poster

Voice mail indicator on home phone

I cannot get rid of the VM indicator on my phone display.  I have checked vm's and have none. Everything else works fine, calling in, etc.  I have read my phone's manual and done everything they suggested, but still cannt get rid of the VM message.  I see by the posts that I'm not the only one.

Accepted Solution

Re: Voice mail indicator on home phone

snevin here again,

I tried again calling my home phone with my cell phone and left a voice mail.    This time I waited about 45 minutes to an hour before picking up my home phone and reading and deleting the voice mail.   This time the blinking VM indicator light went out and I did not get the 3-4 beeps when I picked up my home phone.   I do not know that waiting 45 minutes had anything to do with this result, but for now VM indicator light is out.   GO FIGURE......     Did not have to unplug my modem as I think that was the next recommended step.

snevin

View answer in context
New Poster

As of yesterday and still today 8/17/14, I cannot get rid of my VM indicator on my phone cradle (blinking red light) or when I pick my phone up before my dial tone starts I get the 3 or 4 beeps indicating a voice mail in there, but my voice mails have all been deleted.  

New Poster

I had the same issue until someone called and left a another VM.  Once I deleted the new one the blinking light went away.

New Poster

I tried that by calling my home mobile phone with my cell phone.  Left a voice mail on my home phone.  Got the voice mail from my home phone, deleted it, hung up, but still have the VM indicator blinking light and the 3 beeps when you pick the phone up.

New Poster

snevin here again,

I tried again calling my home phone with my cell phone and left a voice mail.    This time I waited about 45 minutes to an hour before picking up my home phone and reading and deleting the voice mail.   This time the blinking VM indicator light went out and I did not get the 3-4 beeps when I picked up my home phone.   I do not know that waiting 45 minutes had anything to do with this result, but for now VM indicator light is out.   GO FIGURE......     Did not have to unplug my modem as I think that was the next recommended step.

snevin