Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice mail greeting has "dead time", beginning of callers message is not recorded

New Poster

Voice mail greeting has "dead time", beginning of callers message is not recorded

Nobody at Comcast seems to understand, or care about this problem.

When a caller to my voice line is being directed to voicemail, they hear (1) my personalized message, which ends "please leave a message";  (2) the robot saying about the same thing; (3) about five seconds of dead space, (3) the robot continuing on with some more gibbersish and reference to a "tone".  In total from the time my personalized message ends until the system starts to capture the callers message is about 15 seconds.  I don't get a lot of voicemail messages, but I can easily imagine this completely blanking the calling parties name.  I have called Comcast customer service repeatedly, and even make two video recordins documenting the performance of the Comcast system, and also Verizon Wireless.  Verizon appears to have the same robotic messages, but no dead time.  I played the two video recordings on my laptop for a customer service rep at the Schaumburg, IL store.  She said she saw the problem, but about two weeks later nothing is fixed.  Call your own voicemail from a cell phone and see what I mean.  Finally, does anybody think that "chirp" qualifies as a "tone" -- listen to the time signals on WGN-AM to hear whaqt a "tone" sounds like.

Service Expert

Re: Voice mail greeting has "dead time", beginning of callers message is no

wrs001 wrote:

Nobody at Comcast seems to understand, or care about this problem.

When a caller to my voice line is being directed to voicemail, they hear (1) my personalized message, which ends "please leave a message";  (2) the robot saying about the same thing; (3) about five seconds of dead space, (3) the robot continuing on with some more gibbersish and reference to a "tone".  In total from the time my personalized message ends until the system starts to capture the callers message is about 15 seconds.  I don't get a lot of voicemail messages, but I can easily imagine this completely blanking the calling parties name.  I have called Comcast customer service repeatedly, and even make two video recordins documenting the performance of the Comcast system, and also Verizon Wireless.  Verizon appears to have the same robotic messages, but no dead time.  I played the two video recordings on my laptop for a customer service rep at the Schaumburg, IL store.  She said she saw the problem, but about two weeks later nothing is fixed.  Call your own voicemail from a cell phone and see what I mean.  Finally, does anybody think that "chirp" qualifies as a "tone" -- listen to the time signals on WGN-AM to hear whaqt a "tone" sounds like.

Have you tried to RE-RECORD a new greeting?  This would in effect wipe-out the old recording and place a fresh one over it..... it may just be the thing you need to do to fix this mess!!!

Good luck!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Voice mail greeting has "dead time", beginning of callers message is no

The first time I reported the problem tech support "reset" my account, which forced me to record a new greeting.  No change.