Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice mail Broken!

Regular Visitor

Voice mail Broken!

It's been this way for days. Chatted with someone at xfinity. They said they would update my settings and it could take a while for it to reset. Sounded to me like the person was doing all they knew how to do and had zero idea about the problem. My problem is, the voicemail page simply will not load. Everything else seems fine.

Regular Visitor

Re: Voice mail Broken!

New Poster

had the same issue myself - tech worked on restoring it so I now see the pages - however its been about 19 hours and nothing is appearing in the call logs

New Poster

My voice mail has not worked for several days, nor has my email. Both pages will NOT load.

Frequent Visitor

Voicemail completely broken for weeks now. It started when for no apparent reason when I went to retrieve voicemail messages by way of handset, and it locked me out saying I need to change my pin number. So I went online and changed the pin. Even then it did not work. Days later it mysteriously came back to life. Then I discovered none of the online features that used to work via xfinity connect like listening to voicemail online and having readable voicemail sent to my email worked. In fact the tab/link for "VOICEMAIL" online is completely gone! Even though I have the settings set to send a readable voicemail to my email, after leaving many test messages, nothing gets sent. But then I figured out that even though I was leaving test messages and hanging up, none of the test messages were even being saved or recorded!

Then the kicker which is just about putting me out of business because I have all my business calls forwarded to my home phone, is that nobody can even leave a voicemail for me. What they get after pressing 1 and approve the message, and then # to send the message is "PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER, THE SYSTEM IS UNAVAILABLE".

After (6) calls to Comcast technical support since January 3, 2015, (3) trouble tickets, and (1) they closed and said was fixed when they didn't fix a dam thing . . . I guess I am pretty much out of luck and quite upset. How about the rest of you out there? Will Comcast bother to fix your service, or just close your ticket and say they did leaving you in the lurch?

Now out of desperation, I just called my brother who is also a Comcast customer with the same service I have, and who lives in a completely different geographic area than I, and he reports that his voicemail is working properly. So apparently the failures are not system wide.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem . . . without voicemail I am hosed!

Frequent Visitor

Dear voice mail broken... i want to thank you for your note.. i have been having the same issues !! i thought it was me going crazy with comcast .. again. so i wish you luck.. i will just wait it out. i love their tv but the internet and voice still have some issues they need to wok on. Their advertising is a bit over rated for all the troubles i have had with them.

Regular Visitor

I found a work around. Enter email first. Then click the voice tab. So simple. Can't believe I didn't find it sooner. It still doesn't work for me if I go straight to voice & text but it does work if you enter email first. Weird, but it works.

Frequent Visitor

Didn't work for me, still no "VOICEMAIL" link appearing after getting to the voice tab , just "MISSED CALLS", ANSWERED CALLS", "PLACED CALLS". I am able to at least leave a voicemail message now, and am getting the readable transcribed email with the attached audio file sent  to my email. But I still cannot listen to voicemail online, and like I said, there is no "VOICEMAIL" link showing in the left hand column like there should be. Also in the call logs, it shows call in the "ANSWERED" column when it should be in the voicemail one that isn't there!

Service Expert

sick_and_fedup wrote:

Didn't work for me, still no "VOICEMAIL" link appearing after getting to the voice tab , just "MISSED CALLS", ANSWERED CALLS", "PLACED CALLS". I am able to at least leave a voicemail message now, and am getting the readable transcribed email with the attached audio file sent  to my email. But I still cannot listen to voicemail online, and like I said, there is no "VOICEMAIL" link showing in the left hand column like there should be. Also in the call logs, it shows call in the "ANSWERED" column when it should be in the voicemail one that isn't there!

You may need to call into Comcast and have them ensure that your account is coded correctly ( provisioned )....  once done, you should be able to see the options that you are subscribed to.

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Comcast checked coding and its coded properly. They closed both of my trouble tickets, and everything works except I cannot listen to .wav files online, and still no "VOICEMAIL" link in left hand column like there should be. What now?