Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice does not work on TG862

New Poster

Voice does not work on TG862

I just purchased an Arris TG862 voice gateway modem with the intention to replace the rental unit, also a TG862. After I plugged in the new device, the TG862, I am able to get Interent access, with the help from COmcast support, while my old deivce still provides Internet and voice service. (I used an RF 1to2 splitter to connect both the old and the new devices to the cable outlet). But so far, even with the help fromt he support people, the voice port on the new device still does not work. I checked the SW versions of the two devices, and found that the only difference is that it is PacketCable 2.0 on the old rental device, which works fine on telephony; and my new device, on which the voice port does not work, has PacketCable1.5.

Does anyone know whether this is the reason that my new device does not work? How do I upgrade the SW on line?

Thanks.

Cable Expert

Re: Voice does not work on TG862

The TG862 is not sold at retail in the US, they are only sold to cable companies.  That makes these devices "unreturned equipment" when not supplied by the cable company.  Comcast will not provision these types of devices.

There is only one eMTA that you can purchase at retail in select Best Buy's, a Arris TM722G which is a D3 eMTA telephony modem.  Arris and Best Buy take care of the warrenty and Comcast will provison at the time of sale at a Comcast Connection Center in the Best Buy that are staffed by Comcast sales agents. They are getting harder to come buy.

If you think you can get it provisioned, you will have to argue it out with a Comcast support agent.  There is no one on this community forum that can get it done.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon