Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice cuts out.

Contributor

Voice cuts out.

After months of trouble free service with CDV, yesterday morning my voice began cutting out so bad on all phones corded and cordless that the people on the other end couldn't understand me. I called service and was pleasantly surprised when they said they would be here that afternoon. The problem actually got better during the day but there was, and still is, an occasional slight fraction of a second cut out of both my voice and the person I am talking to. The service man that came out changed a number of connections both outside and inside and did a few other things but in the end said I would need to rewire my whole house.

Has anyone else experienced this? My TV and internet are working great and I cannot see spending the money on a rewire especially if there is no guarantee it will work. I really like CDV but would have to consider switching back to the phone company if it means not having the expense of a total rewire. Any thoughts?
New Poster

Re: Voice cuts out.

I just tried to make both an internet video call as well as a landline call (both Comcast services) and in both cases I could hear the other party just fine but they could not hear me at all. I don't know what the problem is but if it keeps up I'm changing services. I've only had Comcast for less than a month now and I'm not overly impressed so far.
Regular Contributor

Dear NoVoice,

I’ve done some troubleshooting on your account and I can’t see any problems at all with your service. If this problem continues, please contact us, or email me directly for further troubleshooting.

Thanks for your post,

Richard

New Poster

I am having the same problem. When I called Comcast, it happened again, so I used the live chat. They are sending a technician out the day after tomorrow. This is the first time this has happened. TV and internet are working fine.
New Poster

Good luck with the noise voice issue. I had many conversations where the person on the other end all of a sudden could not hear me for approx. 10 seconds. If they stay on the line long enough they will be able to hear you again. This was very frustrating and service was out numerous times with no fix. I was finally told that it did not do any good to keep calling the service technicians out, this was a nationwide problem and they were working on a fix. This was over a year ago, it doesn't sound like anything has changed.
New Poster

Phone rings 2 or 3 times, caller ID works, but caller cannot hear me & I can not hear caller. Caller tries later & phone works ok. Happened several times over last few months.
Sometimes call will drop in middle of conversation , but does not go to a dial tone.
Regular Contributor

Dear KGH,

I’ve looked at your account and believe you may have a problem with your service. Please contact us, or email me directly and we’ll get you scheduled for a service technician to take a closer look.

Richard

New Poster

gtodd wrote:
I had many conversations where the person on the other end all of a sudden could not hear me for approx. 10 seconds. If they stay on the line long enough they will be able to hear you again.

I have the same problem.  I also play Toontown and will be in the middle of a task with other players and my internet connection is temporarily interuppted and I get booted out of the system.  I have used comcast for two years and have not had any problems until recently (within the last couple of months).  Getting frustrated.
Contributor

If you look on Comcast.com, you will find an incompatible equipment list.  I know it isn't completely up to date, but it will help.  I've noticed that a lot of people with any Uniden phone will have the issues you are all talking about.  You may want to completely remove them from the phone jacks and/or electrical outlets.  If the problem still persists, call 1-800-COMCAST.

The phone that I recommend to people is any V-Tech phone. They are fairly inexpensive and can be found at Wal-Mart, Target, Circuit City, etc...
Contributor

Has anyone gotten a satisfactory resolution to the symptoms described in the first message in this thread?

I am starting to have the same problem. 

Frequent Visitor

i have this problem too...just did a new post on it.
New Poster

I've had this problem almost from the beginnig.  I've called Comcast numerous times.  First the replaced the modum.  Then they said the line to my old Verizon service was still connected and supposedly tech folks came out and fixed it.  Then they said it was the weather.  Then they said it was because I had my cordless phone too close to the modem.  A few times when they tested the line they said they found problems and assured me they had fixed it.  This was the case the last time I called which was about two weeks ago.  They refused to send out a technician because they were certain the problem was fixed and would definitely not happen if I moved my phone as far away from the modem as possible.  I can't move the phone any further away without putting it outside.

Well...  guess what... it's happening again.  Based on conversations with friends who have also switched to comcast this is a typical problem.  I'm very close to cancelling my contract.  Today after reading everything on this forum and talking to a few other friends I even got tempted with starting a class action suit. Simply unacceptable.

Bronze Problem Solver

Hello,

Are you able to email your best contact number, service address, account phone number and experience to my email address below? Please include a link to your post and copy of the post so I am aware of the issue.

Thank you.
George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon