Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice cuts in and out the same time every day

Regular Visitor

Voice cuts in and out the same time every day

I work from home and use my phone line a lot.   Almost every day just after 1:30 PM EST,  the phone receiptionstarts cutting in and out.   It only last for a couple minutes, but it is causing me problems especially if I am the moderator of the call.  I put a call into Comcast customer service and they were just reading from their script of trouble shooting. 

The modem works fine.  My internet does not drop.  My TV works fine.  I am sitting only 5 feet from the modem using a wireless phone.   If there were any issues on my end, it seems like it would not go off like an alarm clock the same time every day.  If it is happening the same time every day, it seems like it might be something going on at Comcast.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Tags (3)
Regular Contributor

Re: Voice cuts in and out the same time every day

How long has this issue ben going on? Just started a few weeks? Are you using cordless phones? Are you using the phone jacks in the house or is the phone pluged directly in to the modem?

Regular Visitor

It has been happening for about 2 months.  It has taken me a while to realize that the time is about the same every day - 133 PM Eastern.  I am not using phone jacks.  My phone is plugged directly into the modem.  I typically use a head set with my cordless phone.  When it is happening, I have tried removing my headset and the issue does not improve.  When on a conference call, none of the other attendees experience any issue on their end. 

Regular Contributor

Here is a list of the top 10 phones that work with comcast voice> http://www.top-cordless-phones.com/top-10-best-cordless-phone-for-comcast-digital-voice/

Here is a list of Incompatible equipment with XFINITY Voice >http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/incompatible-equipment-phone

Have you contacted phone support?

Regular Visitor

I have a solid Panasonic KX-TGA641 that I can use without issue 23 hours and 55 minutes a day.  I don't think the phone would act this way for a couple minutes a day, the same time every day. 

Is it possible that the amount activity on my computer could cause this?  I am not doing anything different at this time of day compared to any other time.  I am connected to my corporate network every day.   I believe that corporate runs utilities on our machines daily but do not know if that is being done at the time i am experiencing the issue.

Regular Visitor

It just happened again.  Corporate took a look and nothing is happening on my laptop when this is occuring.  It does not affect my internet or cable, just my phone line.  It lasted for 2 minutes today and I only hear about 20% of the conversations going on during that time.

Regular Visitor

It just happened again.