online now

discussions

Voice Preferences

New Poster

Voice Preferences

Unable to edit voice preferences.

New Poster

Re: Voice Preferences

same here. numbers 1 2 3 don't register with the voice prompt. * 789 do. 

very frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

Yea; I got the same problem.  Can't edit Voice or E-mail preferences.  Put it before the IP expert, but no help.  Ball Bat next tool.

New Poster

Unfortunately, this outage of being able to modify the Phone Preferences (i.e. Call Forwarding) using the internet is getting to be a major pain.  It was disabled for me for about a month, then they fixed it.. it was useable for about 2 weeks, and now it's "temporary unavailable" again.  For a company that boasts their great service on TV commercials, they sure have a major problem keeping it functioning correctly !!!   I'm now on my 4th day without being able to turn on the call forward of my home phone from my office.  ....  Smiley Sad  Oh, and for any Comcast support person that might read this... the preferences via the internet can not be changed from my home PC nor my office PC .. Each of them have different Operating Systems, different Browsers, and on different networks.  In short, shorthing in common ... So, the problem is deffinitely on your system and not the users. 

Frequent Visitor

I talked with a different 'service tech' who told me the problem was, I had a 64 bit system and my browser was a 32 bit set up

and likely would not work together. So I went back, changed my browser to 32 bit "JAVA"  and tried again.  Still no access

to editing of 'VOICE'  or "E-MAIL" settings. When I click on any "edit" task frame, it either just sits there say 'loading' and

does nothing else.  Now on the 'VOICE' 'editing' tasks, when click on them, NOTHING HAPPENS"!  I beleive this to be

a COMCAST IP server problem and they just don't want to own up to it or can't fix it.  Could it be as a result of the intrusion

of the government attempting to snoop on our mail and voice communications.  I put this question to the "TECH" !  I'm just

about feed up with 'COMCASTS' great service !!

New Poster

STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING STILL NOT WORKING 

Frequent Visitor

Now I have an "ERROR"  notice that pops up just as I log off 'COMCAST-XFINITY"  with a great long error number.  It's up

and off so fast I can't catch enough time to copy numbers or see 'error' message, but I did make out also the name 'COMCAST'.

Still don't know what's going on.  Did run computer through latest version of "SYSTEM MECHANIC PRO" from 'iolo', but no help.?

Been talking to 'CENTURYLINK"  and 'DIRECT TV", getting info and prices. It's funny that one neighbor has no problems at

all, then the next two or three neghbors have something similar.?????  ALIENS ????  "Nay, I say, it is just "I Don't Give A

Hoot COMCAST" !  thank you

New Poster

I have windows7 - 64 bit. Internet explorer will not allow me to edit my xfinity preferences. But if I use mozilla/firefox browser it works fine.

Service Expert

wilto wrote:

I have windows7 - 64 bit. Internet explorer will not allow me to edit my xfinity preferences. But if I use mozilla/firefox browser it works fine.

It is common for one browser or another to work on any website when others do not...  every browser is unique as every desktop and it's associated installed software is unique.  Be glad you are able to choose and complete your mission.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon