Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice Preferences Unavailable!

New Poster

Voice Preferences Unavailable!

For several days now I have been unable to access certain voice mail preferences on the Comcast site, at the following URL:

prefs.connect.comcast.net/prefs/voice

Under Call Forwarding and Rings I see 'Call forwarding is Disabled', and when expanded I see

Call Forwarding settings are currently unavailable.
Selective Call Forwarding settings are currently unavailable.

Under Call Blocking I see 'Temporarily unavailable', and when expanded I see:

Voicemail Notifications settings are currently unavailable.

This has been like this for me since I first tried to access on Monday. This hardly seems 'Temporary'.

Comcast, do you have a timeframe for fixing this?

New Poster

Re: Voice Preferences Unavailable!

I went through customer service chat, and after several hours and several different reps, I ended up with Kirk, who was very helpful. Ticket CR380964739 was opened for the issue. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. 

New Poster

Amazing isn't it that "voice mail unavailable, we are working on fixing the problem" goes on for weeks now. This is a public safety issue since public service messages are not recorded. I have spent more than three hours on the phone and on chat and still the problem persists. It they can't solve the problem, they should at least notify us and send us out answering machines until their problem is fixed.

New Poster

I haven't heard anything from Comcast regarding this issue. I tried this option today, and it is now working. Great, I dont know when they fixed it, and I guess Comcast doesn't want to be open and honest about the problem. I spent 4 hours on the phone and IM with them, and zero follow up on their part. At least I didn't have to go through the cr@p that one of their customers had to go through recently (which has been all over the news), but somehow that doesn't make me feel any better. I will give Verizon Fios a call tomorrow morning. 

And yes, it's hilarious that Comcast censored this post: "You used a bad word, cr*p". Ok, I fixed it, just for you Comcast. Too bad you can't fix your service as quickly. You make Verizon look like a reasonable alternative.

If it makes you feel any better, I think you guys are still more reliable than Pepco. When it rains I still have cable.

Frequent Visitor

I also have the same problem and now it is August

Voice Preferences Unavailable

New Poster

Zipcode 33196 Voicemail Notifications settings are currently unavailable

I am trying to block and I CAN'T COME ON COMCAST!!!!! FIX IT!!!!!!!

New Poster

I set my call forwarding to go to my cell. The week of July 21st. I forgot about it. Now the "call forwarding" preference has been unavailable for the past 3 days. Has anyone heard an update?

Frequent Visitor

I do not expect anything to happen too quickly.  I spent a couple of hours with online support a couple of days ago and it appeared they are clueless to the problem.

My original problem was I could not signon to http://prefs.connect.comcast.net/prefs/voice but I could signon to http://voice.connect.comcast.net/voice/.   Now I cannot even signon to http://voice.connect.comcast.net/voice/

New Poster

Comcast is not providing the service that was promised, therefore is a breach of contract, and now we are going in to 15 days without this service configuration option. Meanwhile we have calls coming in  that we would like to block and we can't because of this issue!!

Frequent Visitor

I also have another problem that started yesterday and continueing today.

I can sign in to web mail for my main account but not my other six sub accounts.  I get user name/passord not matched message.

I can get the email using Mozilla Thunderbirrd and Spamcop is also able to fetch the sub accounts.

New Poster

These options are now available and online

Frequent Visitor

None are working for me at Lowell Massachusetts

Frequent Visitor

Call blocking is working

Call forwarding is NOT working

Web access to sub accounts NOT Working