Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice Pin

New Poster

Voice Pin

Requiring a Voice Pin in order to access online account details doesn't make sense. First, it should be voluntary, not mandatory. Second, the Deaf community and other people who don't speak are locked out of their accounts because of this demand. Knowing this, does this demand now seem as silly to you as it does to me?

Service Expert

Re: Voice Pin

c7sparks71 wrote:

Requiring a Voice Pin in order to access online account details doesn't make sense. First, it should be voluntary, not mandatory. Second, the Deaf community and other people who don't speak are locked out of their accounts because of this demand. Knowing this, does this demand now seem as silly to you as it does to me?

The VOICE PIN is not a vocal pin... it is a 4 digit code used to identify your service...

See this:  

If you have XFINITY Voice service, your account number also is associated with a single Security PIN, used to identify yourself over the phone when you call Comcast.

For security reasons, Comcast cannot manually change your Security PIN. If you would like to change your Security PIN, you can log in to My Account or XFINITY Connect.

In addition, each phone number on your account will have a Voice PIN to log in to voicemail via phone.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon