New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice Message Indicator keeps blinking

New Poster

Voice Message Indicator keeps blinking

I tried all of the suggestions and this one worked;

It takes two cell phones and your land line. 

Call your land line on one cell phone, answer it, and leave it connected

Call your land line on the second cell phone--let it ring until voice mail picks up.  Leave a test message

Disconnect land line.  Then go to Voice Mail and retrieve your test message.  Press 7 to delete it.  Then hang on until you get the list of choices.  Press the * key firmly, You may or may not get a "goodbye ".  Hang on for a few seconds more. Then 

disconnect.  

Your blinking light and indicator should clear.  I also rebooted the modem before I started this. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Voice Message Indicator keeps blinking

This is not a solution for us. We don't have a blinking light. We aren't even supposed to have voicemail. Have never retrieved voicemail. Don't know how. Our caller ID continually shows the message "new voicemail". I use a setting on my phone that supposedly deletes the voicemail and "turns off" the indicator. But the message always returns.
Service Expert

vevans1012 wrote:
This is not a solution for us. We don't have a blinking light. We aren't even supposed to have voicemail. Have never retrieved voicemail. Don't know how. Our caller ID continually shows the message "new voicemail". I use a setting on my phone that supposedly deletes the voicemail and "turns off" the indicator. But the message always returns.

SInce you've already called into Comcast, try a COLD BOOT of your EMTA device....

Pull power plu....pull battery if one is installed....  wait 10 seconds.....  plug power back in.....  reinstall battery if so equipped....

allow time for reacquisition of network......

Test phone then....

Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

You should not even have to do all of that! What if you don't have a cell phone? Come on Xfinity there's got to be a better way.
New Poster

The reset doesn't work.  Why don't you guys actually talk to someone technical to find out what is going on?  Used to be that your tech suport actually knew how to fix this issue.  It happened ot me before and the techs would just push a button and it ouwld get fixed,

I absolutely can't beleive you are telling people to unplug their routers.  What a total utter joke for support.

Service Expert

tmessnet wrote:

The reset doesn't work.  Why don't you guys actually talk to someone technical to find out what is going on?  Used to be that your tech suport actually knew how to fix this issue.  It happened ot me before and the techs would just push a button and it ouwld get fixed,

I absolutely can't beleive you are telling people to unplug their routers.  What a total utter joke for support.

TMESSNET,

This forum is  a user-to-user forum...not a direct link to Comcast..

We forum members are users of Comcast services, same as you.  We do not work for Comcast but we try to help other users based on our experiences and knowledge from reading these forums...

Comcast emplyees will have thier usernames show up in RED so you can be sure it is a Comcast employee.  However, they only rarely make appearances  There are a few employees that make this trip daily and I for one thank them for the work they do as they usually are doing this on thier OWN TIME with no compensation.

Nice chatting with you!

Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I've called Comcast twice already. They are clueless. The last time I called, I was told that our voicemail would be deactivated but we are still getting the messages on caller ID