Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice Message Alerts

Regular Visitor

Voice Message Alerts

We have TV, Voice, and Internet through Xfinity. When we have a voicemail message waiting, there is no alert on our phone or TV. The only way we know if there is a message waiting is by picking up the phone and pressing Talk. Then we get the short beeps and can do the *99. What do we have to do to get another sort of alert to messages waiting? We do not always pick up the phone to make a call immediately when we get home from being out for a while.

New Poster

Re: Voice Message Alerts

Well, I must have yours cuz I have the signal that I have voicemail all the time, even when my voicemail box is empty.  And I can't find a place to send them an email to ask them to fix it!!??  Typical Comcast.

Cable Expert

Czechman wrote:

Well, I must have yours cuz I have the signal that I have voicemail all the time, even when my voicemail box is empty.  And I can't find a place to send them an email to ask them to fix it!!??  Typical Comcast.

You might want to drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com)

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Cable Expert

stjoan wrote:

We have TV, Voice, and Internet through Xfinity. When we have a voicemail message waiting, there is no alert on our phone or TV.....

I think you can use the Xfinity Connect app on your mobile phone to get VM alerts if that's an option for you.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/learn/internet/xfinityconnect/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks, I'll send a note to Customer Service. I thought they would have someone following this forum.