Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice Mail to text error

New Poster

Voice Mail to text error

I have an network error everytime I try to set my voice mail to text preferences! 

New Poster

Re: Voice Mail to text error

The same thing happens to me. Every day for the last 11 days that I tried to do it I get the same error. I click send error report but not thing has changed or been fixed.

New Poster

Same for me.  it works if I want to implement it on my fax line (which does me no good).  Otherwise i keep getting the error message as well.

New Poster

I am having the same issue. Elaine

Regular Contributor

I have yet to find the last step option in setting it up, to add the text.  All I get when I have a  voicemail getting

sent tso my email is that I have a voicemail. It has a link supplied to add the option to display the text, but the link

doesn't work.  Maybe this will get repaired in time.

Regular Contributor

OK so I am now able to find the 'transcript', last step. I had xfinity LITE...it doesn't show the left panel on the preference options. I changed to the full version and it came up with the version of the screen print above. So I was able to set the feature to transcript to email. Now we'll see if it works. Send myself a voice message....he he he .

Regular Contributor

It's working and I'm liking it. Now I'm wondering if it might be cool to get a text message in addition to an email. Since I don't have my email PUSHED and NOTIFIED on my Iphone, it might me nice to get a text, but I guess a long voicemail might be to big for a text message?  Anyway, good job Comcast on this one.

Problem Solver

All,

If you are still experiencing a problem please let me know.

Make sure you are logged into Xfinity connect and not Xfinity connect lite then you must enable and set up the service to work.

Enable Readable Voicemail

1. Go to the Preferences tab
  2. Click Notifications under the the Call Manager sub-tab
  3. Either fill in an email address manually or select an email address from the drop down menu - this feature allows you to select up to 25 different email addresses to notify
  4. Click Add
  5. Select 'Send transcripts via email'
  6. Click Save

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Problem Solver

ranscripts will only include the first minute of the voicemail.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
New Poster

Keiska,

Just tried again as you suggested. Today is

12/2/11

Still get the error message. It reads:

method: GetVoiceFeaturesRequest msg: system failure: java.lang.NullPointerException code: service.FAILURE detail: soap:Receiver trace: com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: java.lang.NullPointerException ExceptionId:btpool0-18230:1322859176629:edd42d6ec4be0d8a Code:service.FAILURE at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:248) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:449) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:274) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:158) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.java:291) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:212) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:725) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:181) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:814) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(SetHeaderFilter.java:79) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81) at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765) at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:422) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:543) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:946) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:756) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:405) at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:410) at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.zimbra.cs.voice.velodrome.voicemail.GetUMSubscriberSummary.invoke(GetUMSubscriberSummary.java:51) at com.zimbra.cs.voice.velodrome.VelodromeVoiceStore.getVoiceMailAttrs(VelodromeVoiceStore.java:108) at com.zimbra.cs.service.voice.GetVoiceMailPrefs.process(GetVoiceMailPrefs.java:63) at com.zimbra.cs.service.voice.GetVoiceFeatures.process(GetVoiceFeatures.java:108) at com.zimbra.cs.service.voice.GetVoiceFeatures.handle(GetVoiceFeatures.java:54) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:420) ... 32 more request:

usss799@comcast.net0_bb96ce8250411031f2e588ed4605f393f2b04860_69643d33363a64653033613762352d666232302d343934322d616661382d3832326162363961303730653b6578703d31333a313332323930323335353731373b76763d313a383b747970653d363a7a696d6272613b
New Poster

Same with me -- I always get this error.  Tried both Firefox and IE8..

method: GetVoiceFeaturesRequest msg: system failure: java.lang.NullPointerException code: service.FAILURE detail: soap:Receiver trace: com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: java.lang.NullPointerException ExceptionId:btpool0-20524:1322921527017:71b376638dff4652 Code:service.FAILURE at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:248) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:449) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:274) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:158) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.java:291) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:212) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:725) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:181) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:814) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(SetHeaderFilter.java:79) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81) at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765) at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:422) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:543) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:946) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:756) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:405) at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:410) at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.zimbra.cs.voice.velodrome.voicemail.GetUMSubscriberSummary.invoke(GetUMSubscriberSummary.java:51) at com.zimbra.cs.voice.velodrome.VelodromeVoiceStore.getVoiceMailAttrs(VelodromeVoiceStore.java:108) at com.zimbra.cs.service.voice.GetVoiceMailPrefs.process(GetVoiceMailPrefs.java:63) at com.zimbra.cs.service.voice.GetVoiceFeatures.process(GetVoiceFeatures.java:108) at com.zimbra.cs.service.voice.GetVoiceFeatures.handle(GetVoiceFeatures.java:54) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:420) ... 32 more request:

demarch@comcast.net0_325f26d650ef15cbda568c5dfc211a4eb7abd557_69643d33363a33623430353738362d333161332d343136632d396532652d3561663865303733653439313b6578703d31333a313332323936343236323234373b747970653d363a7a696d6272613b
Problem Solver

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Problem Solver

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Regular Visitor

I receive the same Java error, been this way for over a month when I first tried. I have never had this work.

New Poster

Thanks to the tech representative on the forrum, I received a call, and two tech calls after that, they corrected the problem for me.