Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice Mail notification not working

New Poster

Voice Mail notification not working

The stutter indicating we have a voice mail and the notification on my caller ID is not indicating there are any voicemail messages, when in fact there are messages.  I have called to speak to representatives twice and they reset the modem, but the problem is not fixed.  What can I do to fix this problem or can Comcast try another way to fix for me?

Regular Visitor

Re: Voice Mail notification not working

You are not alone. Had the same problem and today (2/15) it is working. I am pretty sure the people whom you call for help do not know when it is a comcast problem. They assume it is with your equipment or wiring in the home.

Comcast phone is the least reliable product of this type I have ever bought. The service is inconsistant, has failed in times of emergency and continues to exhibit these problems for the last two years. If I had an alternative phone service I would be gone. 

Hope your problem is corrected.

New Poster

I just tried leaving a message on my phone and it works now!

New Poster

my light flashes dial *99 phone connects for 6or so seconds then disconnects been this way for 6 days is this what was happening to you.

If my family had cell phones I would drop comcast phone. why pay for to phone services.

thanks

Regular Visitor

No, we are not having the problem you describe. Sorry, I wish I could help but I can't.

Regular Visitor

I have Comcast for my business and home and have had NOTHING BUT problems for 1 yr 4 months 21 days and counting.  I still have issues with my business phone re: VOICEMAIL, Indicator Lights, Stutter tones.... when I call I get a ticket number for a teir 2 rep, who them closes the ticket w/out fixing anything. Now my home phone says I have a voicemail (when I don't) and has a stutter tone... and I am about ready switch permanently to some other carriers due to the horrible customer service re; business voicemail.  I am going to try switching of the modem, but have little hope that will help.Man Mad

New Poster

thanks