Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice Mail does not recognize home phone # ??

ANSWERED
New Poster

Voice Mail does not recognize home phone # ??

We recently added a home phone # onto our bundled service. We now have 2. The new phone will not let us set up voicemail.  When we call in via *99 the recording says "You are required to make your initial call into the voice mail platform from your home phone. Hang up and call from home phone"    WE ARE CALLING FROM HOME PHONE!!!   In conjunction with this - the caller id feature will allow our phone to receive caller id ( we know who is calling) BUT when we call out it appears that there is NO caller id.   This is a new line we added to our bundled service. we transfered this # from verizon.  PLEASE help as I have called dozens of times to Customer Service and still no fix!!!!   Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Voice Mail does not recognize home phone # ??

Hi coolick, I have rebuilt your voicemail can you please retry to set up your voicemail and let me know if you see a difference? I also made sure the correct name is listed for Caller ID, can you please retest by calling another number than the one you previously did and let me know if you are still showing "No Caller ID".  If so I will get this escalated for you.

Thank you

View answer in context
Service Expert

coolick,

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Expect a reply in this thread or via Private Message.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi coolick, I have rebuilt your voicemail can you please retry to set up your voicemail and let me know if you see a difference? I also made sure the correct name is listed for Caller ID, can you please retest by calling another number than the one you previously did and let me know if you are still showing "No Caller ID".  If so I will get this escalated for you.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

All set - Thank you

Official Employee

That is great to hear coolick, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns in the future.

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.