Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice Mail Right Away but rings my house phone.

New Poster

Voice Mail Right Away but rings my house phone.

This is a fairly new install.  Sometimes everything works fine and then nothing works.

THe main problem is when someone calls my phone number, they get my Comcast Voice Mail right away, and then my house phone rings.

I test this out by standing inside my house and use my cell phone ot call my Comcast Voice Number.  RIght away I go to Comcast Voice Mail and then my home phone starts to ring.  Of course, when I pick up my home phone there is nothing there.  

Then, somedays everything works fine.

Any suggestions? 

New Poster

Re: Voice Mail Right Away but rings my house phone

I had this same problem on July 4.  I unplugged my modem for about ten minutes, plugged it back in and now it works fine.

New Poster

The same thing is happening to me. Resetting the modem does fix it for a while, but the problem returns. I have checked voicemail ring settings and it's at 9. We hear the phone ringing but the caller goes immediately to voicemail.  When we pick up, no one is there. We're missing many overseas calls due to this issue.

New Poster

I am having the same issue.  Comcast wants to potentially charge me to come out because they could not fix it over the phone. Not happy that I had to schedule a service appt and possibly pay for a problem many of their customers are having.  

I also reset my modem which fixed it short term.  Suggestions?

Frequent Visitor

Comcast tries to blame the wiring.   However, why when we recycle to comcast voice box it works for a couple days?   

Still can't get the X1 box to display the incoming callerid....even though we set it in the two places you have to set it, recycled the box, and waited 48 hours.

Very frustrating to speak to technical support who follows the script and when they reach the end, the only thing they have left is to send a tech, who also can't fix it.

Service Expert

dlongnecker wrote:

Comcast tries to blame the wiring.   However, why when we recycle to comcast voice box it works for a couple days?   

Still can't get the X1 box to display the incoming callerid....even though we set it in the two places you have to set it, recycled the box, and waited 48 hours.

Very frustrating to speak to technical support who follows the script and when they reach the end, the only thing they have left is to send a tech, who also can't fix it.

What you describe sounds to me of SIGNAL issues....  affecting not only your VOICE but your X1 experience as well...   with this newer architecture, SIGNAL going BACK to CC is just as important as Signal coming FROM CC....  Can you post your Upstream, Downstream and SNR from your X1 DVR?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon