Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice Mail Notification stopped working

New Poster

Voice Mail Notification stopped working

After two years of perfect service, my voice mail notification stopped sending email alerts to me after a voice mail was received at 503-239-9988.

I escalated the problem to Tier 2 support, ticket # CR307591159 last week but it is still not fixed.

Can you get someone to fix the problem?

Email notification of voice mail is the PRIMARY reason we switched from Qwest to Comcast for phone service.

Thanks!

Contributor

Re: Voice Mail Notification stopped working

This is also happening to me. I got a voice mail earlier this evening with no corresponding email to notify me. I rely on this feature when I'm away from home. I hope they fix this soon. 

New Poster

Mine has finally been fixed, but getting it fixed required many hours of phone time with Comcast tech support and Tier 2 level tech support.

If your problem persists, insist on speaking to a supervisor and demanding that it be bumped up to Tier 2.

The people in Tier 2 are generally pretty savvy, but the regular tech support people who answer the phone when you fkirst call can often be complete idiots. I had two different Comcast support people -- count 'em, two! -- tell me they didn't even know that Comcast digital voice enabled users to receive email notification of a voice mail being received. And naturally they didn't have a clue what to do about it.

Others at the initial (Tier 1) support level wasted my time trying to leave test voice mail messages just to confirm what I already knew -- that the email notifications of voice mails were not being issued.

Here is what you need to do: Tell Ter 2 support that they need to "re-initialize the software for that feature."

Bingo. That's all it takes. But the people in Tier 1 won';t have a clue what you're talking about.

Honestly, if Comcast senior management knew how poor their Tier 1 support people were -- and how frustrated this makes their customers -- they would do something about it.

Especially with AT&T now offering home phone service for only $9.95 -- $19.95 with unlimited calling and long distance -- Comcast better up its game, big time!

Is Comcast management listening?

Contributor

Thanks David.