Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice Mail Issues

New Poster

Voice Mail Issues

Can't retrieve Voicemail.  Pressing one to listen isn't recognized, in fact pressing any button on the phone corresponding to voice mail services isn't being recognized.

New Poster

Re: Voice Mail Issues

I'm suddenly having a similar problem (after using the same phone on this system for years). Voicemail doesn't respond when any buttons are pressed. Therefore, I can't get voicemail messages from my home phone. I CAN get them online and via cellphone but that's a pain in the @$$.   Now that the system has been reset (losing all of my messages), can't even set it up again!  ARGHH!!!  Comcast's technical experts have no answers so far. Suggested it's my phone, so I tried 2 other brands w/ same results. Said it could be the modem, so I changed that out - still a problem.  Ran diagnostics and said their signal is good and no problem detected at their end.  NOTHING Xfinity ever seems to work 100%.  Really had enough.  Nice enough people, but system - not so much.

UPDATE (5/30/17 1320 Hrs): Another Tech visited today. Problem was with modems made by Cisco. Same modem made by Arris is working fine. Problem resolved.  Again, Great people.