Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voice Mail Indicator

New Poster

Voice Mail Indicator

I have called in to my voicemail and cleared messages. But the VM indicator on my phone will not clear. I have rebooted my cordless phone system with no success. Can you all assist with clearing up my VM indicators? 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Voice Mail Indicator

Hello,

Try going on line using xfinity connect and clear it there and see if that helps.

Frequent Visitor

This has happened on three occasions under the following circumstances.

I have a voicemail system on my home phone which normally picks up after three rings, but if I am on the phone, the call goes to the comcast voicemail system causing the message lite to blink. I usually check my local voicemail first and if no messages I will check comcast voicemail.  The message lite will continue to blink. 

I found that after deleting my voicemail messages online and the message lite on the phone remains blinking, I reset the cable modem and the message lite goes out. 

New Poster

I reset the modem and the voicemail indicator has not gone away...any other ideas?

Official Employee

Sounds like you have voicemail on your actual phone system, is there a play button

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Suhweet, sounds like your 2 voicemail systems are competing, either disable Comcast voicemail or the answering machine on your actual phone

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

The systems are not competing.  One answers after three rings ( home system) and the other (Comcast) only answers after 5 rings which happens if I am using the phone.  The home system won't go to voicemail when I am on the phone.  

I don't have a problem that I have not been able to resolve, I was attempting to help someone else that was having a similar problem with the message light staying on. 

I do appreciate you responding, since usually no one does.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

I have the exact same problem and it just started in the last week. We rebooted it and the light stopped blinking but a phone call that hung up when voicemail came on caused it to blink again
New Poster

I had the same problem - really annoying.  I called myself, left a message and then deleted it.  That reset the system and VM indicator gone!

Regular Visitor

Thank you,003, it worked!

Regular Contributor

Worked for me, too. Thanks!

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem... So far here's what has been done:

1 - Went online with Comcast chat room

a - They sent a reset signal

b - They refreshed the modem

c - Had me unplug the modem for 1 minute

2 - Contacted Comcast support by phone this morning

a - They sent a reset signal

b - They refreshed the modem

c - They had me unplug the phone line from the back of the modem for 1 minute

d - They "upgraded" the support

3 - I unplugged the modem for 5 minutes

4 - I unplugged ALL telephones, powered ALL of them down for 1 minute and reconnected them

5 - Started to wonder why I went with Comcast phone service in the first place

The voicemail light is still blinking and I still get the short bursts of dial tone.

Does Comcast have ANYONE who knows what thy're doing???????

Frequent Visitor

I had this same problem.  All I do now is read the voicemail online and delete the message and it resets.  However, this did not work before.  I found on my home phone which has a base unit and 5 wireless units, that there is a voicemail reset in the setup menu on the base unit.  So, if reading my voicemail and deleting it online doesn't reset it, I reset it on the base set.  

Frequent Visitor

There is definitely some kind of a bug in the voicemail indicator system on Comcast's end.  We have this situation on a very regular basis and no amount of gateway/modem resets or power down of the phone itself helps.  I have to call my Comcast line with my cell phone, leave a message and then go in and delete it.  That usually works until the next time a third party leaves me a message and I check it through the web interface.

Can a Comcast employee please acknowledge the bug and let us know if it's being worked on?

This is just one in a series of bugs with this clearly very immature X1 platform, never had any issue with it at all prior to the "upgrade".