New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Vocie Mail Management

New Poster

Vocie Mail Management

Howdy,
I recently switched over from AT&T Callvantage as part of a package deal, and I was surprised to discover that several features that are standard with AT&T are not included with Comcast.
1) Only one e-mail address can be linked to receive voice mail notifications (AT&T allows several)
2) E-mail notifications only include a link to the website, not an audio file of the message. This creates two problems:
     a) My experience with the Digital Voice website so far has been that it is slow to respond, so accessing voice mails online is relatively inconvenient.
    b) Once a message is deleted, no record exists for later listening (AT&T's system allowed the user to save the e-mail with audio file)

I just had a chat session with a technician, and he indicated that no plans were in place to address these issues. Is there a way to workaround these issues, or do I need to adjust my phone habits to what I perceive to be a lower quality of service? Does anyone know if there are any plans to add features like this?
Security Expert

Re: Vocie Mail Management

I don't use Comcast's Phone system but here is a complet list on managing Voice mail
TANSTAAFL!!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Howdy,

Thanks for the input. The info relates only to phone-based management of voice mail. Comcast does run circles around AT&T on this one, but I was simply surprised that it does not seem to have pursued the advantages that an Internet-based service can bring. I have submitted my inputs as feedback from the digital voice center site. If anybody has a way to work around these issues, I am open to suggestions!
Regular Contributor

Hi jburton,

Thanks for your suggestions.  We are constantly looking for ways to improve the Digital Voice Center and we do have plans to introduce several new features which I think you will appreciate.  We are also working to improve the responsiveness of the Digital Voice Center.

I will ensure that your suggestions get forwarded and it is possible that they may be included in future releases.

Thanks for the post!

Geoff.