Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Viewing monthly international call summary

Frequent Visitor

Viewing monthly international call summary

I have Comcast's international calling plan (300 minutes).  It is very annoying not to be able to obtain a simple summary of how many of these monthly minutes have been used - other than manually searching for them and adding up each international call.  It doesn't even appear possible to copy and paste the call logs into a spreadsheet.  Nor does the call log allow one to sort on the called number column, only on call duration and date.  Lousy design, Comcast.   Any plans to change this?

Retired Administrator

Re: Viewing monthly international call summary

There are not any plans to change this format that I'm aware of, but I'd be happy to share your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for looking into this... I do hope the powers that be at Comcast consider making the change - it would be similar to how one checks minutes on cell phone usage... Surely there are some super smart IT folks who could take this on... it would be most helpful.

Official Employee

Jack -

I believe you should be able to get a current total of International Minutes (which may include minutes to countries that aren't included in the Worldwide plan) by going to the My Account link at the top of this page and signing in with your Primary Username.

From there, click on the Account and Bill tab in customerCentral, and then View Call Details in the Comcast Digital Voice section.  Once the detailed bill loads, there is a drop down list at the top of the page.  Select "UnBilled Activity," and you'll see a current listing of International Calls on the page, along with a total.

You can also see how many minutes you used in past months...

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Oh - and you also mentioned that you want to export your Call History to a spreadsheet.

You can download a text file that opens nicely in Excel by signing in  to the Digital Voice Center (http://digitalvoice.comcast.net), clicking on Call History at the top, and then Download in the Tools box on the right.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Three years later - and still no convenient way of calculating minutes used. Dozens of mobile companies have no problem doing that. Comcast has no problem doing that... after the fact, when you have no recourse and have to pay through the nose for those extra minutes. I'm sure it's not an oversight but a malicious plan  to trick people into over-using the service and, as a result, overpaying.

I'm patient. I know that sooner or later there will be a hungry enough law firm to file a class action agains Comcast and win it.