Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

VTech # sign

Contributor

VTech # sign

Why didn't Comcast know that the reason I can't access voicemail, change greeting or change PIN is because the VTech # sign is not recognized by Comcast.  A NEIGHBOR suggested this  might be the problem.  

I have spent time with Comcast for the last several months and they just kept telling me my phone worked.

Now that I have tested it myself I am going to go ask my neighbor what my next steps should be.

New Poster

Re: VTech # sign

The reason is that they often don't think.  In my guess they gave me a wrong telephone # on installation.  They were able to call me but I couldn't call myself.

It wasn't until the 6th technical support person that the recognized the problem.  

Seem familiar?   I noted your post since I too have V-Tech and having problems reaching my alarm system.

PS  The 6th person said I would get a credit.  Connected me to billing but got disconnected.  Later called back to billing but they couldn't satisfy me.  Said a supervisor would call me in 4 hours.  That was over a day ago (and after I spent 3-4 hours trying to corrct their simple mistake)

Contributor

I also left a message on the VTech forum and there was no response there either.  

The billing bothers me but not as much as having to log into Comcast just to see if anyone called!  I'm also waiting for recruiters to call and it sounds really unprofessional for them to her the auto greeeting with no assurance that they are reaching me.

New Poster

Same problem with VTech equipment. Phone indicates vm but am unable to get it on the phone. vm has disabled my own answering system.