Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

VOICE not used but on the bill anyway

New Poster

VOICE not used but on the bill anyway

I dont believe that I signed up for the voice service. All that i wanted was TV and internet. My bill seems to go up up and up. I dont use voice nor do I even have a phone other than my cell phone with Verizon.. I pay my bill regularly but the bill just seems to get bgger and bigger. Why should I have to pay for voice when I Dont use it. Does anyone else have this problem? I remember when I was Happy with the channels that I used to get for free over the air. Now I spend a hundred dollars for TV and don't even like the line up selection. The comericials last longer than the program that i choose to watch. God help us all. we have become Zombies to Comcast

New Poster

Re: VOICE not used but on the bill anyway

I was basically bullied into taking "triple play" in order to keep my bill under $165/mo for Internet and basic + HBO. (I too just use my cell phone now.). Started out at about $ 100 with a "promotion" in AUG 2012 and like clockwork every 6-12 months my bill goes up by $30 dollars, without a heads up or reminder. This time I called again and was told, yup-the 6-month (internet) promotion had expired but they'd be happy to fix me up with the triple play promotion to keep my bill ~ $135. I asked if I could just have "slower" Internet (as apparently I had been upgraded to "Blast" during one of the changes) and that was more the I needed. I was told sure, but that would take my Internet from $45 to $70+. Hmmmmm, in any economy paying more for less service doesn't add up. Unfortunately unlike airlines and other services, we don't have a choice of carriers so are stuck being jerked around and being either mislead or bullied into service decisions. Not happy. PS I asked the rep to send an updated service order to an alternate e-mail address which she took and promised she send it to (so that I could track any changes better...) lied about that, never sent anything. And when I went in to check my account---you guessed it! A $29 service change fee for my latest service "promotion" change. Also not mentioned during my call. UGH!