New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

VM status light blinking

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

VM status light blinking

My VM staus light on my landlines have been blinking for some time. I have tried unplugging both units for over a minute. I have also rebooted my modem. When I call *99, I have no new messages.

I logged into my Xfinity Connect app and went into the Voice and it says "We cannot find your voice mail/call logs. Please check back....."

I have also posted in the Universal ID forum that I'm not getting any Caller ID on my X1 anymore.

Accepted Solution

Re: VM status light blinking

OK. 

I've fixed the blinking indicator light thru trial and error.

My landlines are Unidens and the phones are NOT the problem.

I used my cell and called the landline that has the blinking indicator light.

I left myself a message.

I then got my VM email alert I like to get. Instead of deleting from the email, I used my landline (blinking indicator #) to check the VM and delete.

That fixes the indicator issue immediately.

The problem is in Comcast's email delivery that allow messages to get deleted via the emailed message.

I hope this helps everyone else.

I still don't know how to check VM from iphone or computer since that message comes up. Maybe a Comcast rep can help?

View answer in context
New Poster

Same here, even after they came to fix today. Take a look at your PAPER bills and  primary phone # on the account. See if your phone number is the same, dating back as far as feb 2014.

In Oct., 2014, I lost my home phone service and got this blinking. I replaced old modem, etc., to no avail. I discovered in Jan., 2015 (yes, painfully that long) that comcast switched my number w/o my permission (after 20+ years). ODDLY, they claim it was done in Nov., 2013, and they still REFUSE to explain why my correct#/20-year # worked until Nov. 2014!

I've been researching something called "porting." If your number originated with different telecom company then they replace that number w/o your permission, and then force you to pay a fee if you want (or can) reactivate it.

It would seem prfoitable for both telecom companies: they immediately make $ for a "porting" fee, and their ulterior motive is to stop supporting landlines because there’s no profit in it, and instead push you further into more costly wireless products.

I’ve notified the FCC, my senator, and my confressman. I suggest anyone with similar issue do same because w/o a really BIG CONSUMER VOICE the telecom's $ and influence will only get worse for consumers.

Frequent Visitor

Check your home phone's reset. If you get no messages waiting stutter tone when you pick up the phone receiver but it's blinking, go to the phone base/charger unit and hold down the paging button for five seconds with phone on charger base and it will reset the light to steady/no new messages. This is the same button used when the phone left off charger can't be found in the house you press to get it to beep until located. Found this in the user instructions that came with the phone so it must not be that uncommon and I've had to do it every so often so I guess systems just get out of sync.

I'd also double check your Comcast account voice mail messages list online just to make sure it shows all messages have been checked. If accessing it is a problem, signout of your Comcast online account and then sign back in.

Frequent Visitor

I have logged out of Comcast and logged back in. I get this message when I click on voicemail:

"Sorry, but there’s something wrong with your account.
Please contact Customer Care and tell them about the following error: No TN Found on account."

I can't access any VM from iphone, nor computer.

Frequent Visitor

OK. 

I've fixed the blinking indicator light thru trial and error.

My landlines are Unidens and the phones are NOT the problem.

I used my cell and called the landline that has the blinking indicator light.

I left myself a message.

I then got my VM email alert I like to get. Instead of deleting from the email, I used my landline (blinking indicator #) to check the VM and delete.

That fixes the indicator issue immediately.

The problem is in Comcast's email delivery that allow messages to get deleted via the emailed message.

I hope this helps everyone else.

I still don't know how to check VM from iphone or computer since that message comes up. Maybe a Comcast rep can help?

Frequent Visitor

The error message is now fixed.

I did a CHAT with Comcast and they refreshed my account. That did it.

Frequent Visitor

This worked for me just now..........rid of beeping tone and display stating new voice mail.....both gone!