Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

VM light on phone

New Poster

VM light on phone

My phones light and flash telling me I have VM but I don't. I have gone in 3 times and can not get the message or light to go away.

Frequent Visitor

Re: VM light on phone

Same thing going on for me today.  Phone is flashing saying I have a voicemail, but I've already listened to it and deleted it.  Something's gone wrong on Comcast's end that the system is still sending the VM tone, even though the VM empty.

New Poster

Same thing for me, too.  This has happened to me ever since I moved (March, 2013) and got a "new" Comcast account at my new address.  I have 2 digital voice lines - and both have this problem constantly - although not consistently.

In addition - I've read in other Forum posts on this topic that Comcast often says it's the phone that is the problem.  I can 100% say - that's not the case.  I've had the same phones (for both digital lines) since 2006 - and at my old house/under my old account (with Comcast digital voice) I never, EVER had this problem.

Therefore - the issue has to be on Comcast's end.  Whether they did upgrades that rendered my phones no longer "good" is another topic all together - but something was done on Comcast's end (updates, upgrades, whatever) that created this issue ... at least for me and my phones ... OR there is some sort of account setup issue that causes this problem since, again, I never had this issue under my old account with these same phones ... but I have it now.

Hopefully we'll get Comcast to look into this and resolve it.  I hate staring at the blinking light when I'm trying to sleep.  Worse yet - if I know I've listened to all the voice mails and I go out to get my US "snail" mail or let the dog out ... when I return in the house I'm not sure if I have a new voice mail or not - or if the phone is just "blinking" still.  I have to check caller ID and if there is a new call - I have to dial in (usually to find out the latest call didn't leave a voice mail - and I just wasted my time calling into my voice mail box).

New Poster

Yes, I am having the same problem today. A few months back I had the same problem and I called and somehow they got the signal off my phone.

For now I am going to just use my own VM machine.