Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

VM indicator light blinks, Comcast no help, but figured it out on my own

New Poster

VM indicator light blinks, Comcast no help, but figured it out on my own

Spent several days and a lot of time with Comcast trying to get my Voicemail indicator light to shut off.  Each time they had to reset my VM from their end.  This took several minutes each time.  Then next VM it'd be right back on. Calling myself and leaving a message did not work ever, but my daughter called and the call went to VM and she didn't leave a message and "tada" the light went off.  So now each time I get a VM I have to call myself from my Sprint cell, which costs me a minute each time and let it go to VM, not leaving a message just to get it to shut off.  Otherwise it stays blinking and I don't know when I've gotten a new VM without looking at Caller ID.  It's just a minor inconvience, but irritating as can be.

New Poster

Re: voice mail says I have messages but none there

I don't get the stutter indication on mine once I clear a message, but the blinking light stays on everytime I get a voicemail.  I then have to call my homephone from my cell, let voicemail answer then hang up, do not leave a message.  This is the only way I can clear the light.  Spent hours and days resetting my voicemail with Comcast, to accidentally figure this out.  Before with AT & T, this would happen occasionally, then I'd have to call myself leave a message and then clear it.  With Comcast, it's now every voicemail.  Irritating, but don't get many VM calls and hate the fact that I have to use my Sprint Cell minutes for this BS.

Cable Expert

Re: VM indicator light blinks, Comcast no help, but figured it out on my own

When the VM indicator is flashing, do you also have the studdertone?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon