Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Using current answering machine phone with comcast voip

Valued Contributor

Using current answering machine phone with comcast voip

Is it possible to use my current phone with comcast voip & have it do my "screening" as I have it pick up on the 2nd ring?  & can my phone's answering part do the answering before comcast get hold of it?  I would still want the caller id but want the annonymous caller rejection.

Don't have the voip now but thinking of the "triple play" as now have a cell phone for "emergencies" even if rarely used.

I'm in an apartment & so don't know how that works about the "professional wiring" from Comcast (FREE?); and the phone company is Surewest which may not cooperate......will also have to check with the apt manager prior to talking with comcast sales.
Email Expert

Re: Using current answering machine phone with comcast voip

You can tell CDV how many rings before it sends to their voicemail system, so if your answering machine answers on fewer rings it will still work.

If your apartment already has phone wiring, Comcast will simply connect to to that. You just need to get your apartment disconnected from Surewest, which probably just requires disconnecting something in the apartment building's wiring closet.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon