Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Using call blocking while nomorobo activated

New Poster

Using call blocking while nomorobo activated

Hi there,

First question: I just installed nomorobo to block robo calls, at the suggestion of an xfinity agent and it appears to be working after the first ring. I also went on to xfinity site and blocked a few calls that may or may not be robocalls. Does this make sense? Will blocking what might be robo calls conflict with nomorobo?

Second question: Many seem to be annoyed by having to hear the first ring and rightfully so, as you start to dash towards the phone and then sometimes it stops. Does anyone know about this here that someone on the forum mentioned "

You can get a lot of phones that silence the first ring. This option comes when phones have their own number blocking features built in. I have a Panasonic phone with over a hundred area codes blocked. It takes one "ring" to disconnect blocked numbers, so the phone lights up for a moment, but I never hear it." Thanks for answers. Appreciated

Problem Solver

Re: Using call blocking while nomorobo activated

betsy7 wrote:

Hi there,

First question: I just installed nomorobo to block robo calls, at the suggestion of an xfinity agent and it appears to be working after the first ring. I also went on to xfinity site and blocked a few calls that may or may not be robocalls. Does this make sense? Will blocking what might be robo calls conflict with nomorobo?

Second question: Many seem to be annoyed by having to hear the first ring and rightfully so, as you start to dash towards the phone and then sometimes it stops. Does anyone know about this here that someone on the forum mentioned "

You can get a lot of phones that silence the first ring. This option comes when phones have their own number blocking features built in. I have a Panasonic phone with over a hundred area codes blocked. It takes one "ring" to disconnect blocked numbers, so the phone lights up for a moment, but I never hear it." Thanks for answers. Appreciated

On your first question, yes it makes sense. I also use nomorobo but occasionally a robo/spam call gets through so I add it to nomorobo and

sometimes on the xfinity call block page. I'm not sure about your second question. Maybe someone who knows will chime in. Good luck!

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation