Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

User Agreement

Frequent Visitor

User Agreement

Where in the User Agreement does it say that comcast can block my incomming collect calls?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: User Agreement

By default, the only incoming calls that Comcast blocks are calls from prisons. All other types of incoming calls are allowed unless the customer requests them to be blocked.

Frequent Visitor

By default??? Im a big boy now, i think i can decide who i do and dont want to talke to.

Frequent Visitor

How does this sound ? Dear Comcast, I have decided "by default" that I will no longer be paying for the channels that I dont use.

Silver Problem Solver

Uh huh. So you want everyone that's in jail to be able to call you collect and rack up your phone bill? If you want someone in jail to be able to call you then i believe there are companies out there that work with the jails and essentially do a prepaid card system. 

That is if that is even what you are talking about. Any other collect calls are allowed, so if the issue is not receiving a collect call from a prison, then there may be a technical issue. Since you don't really seem to be giving any information and are just ranting, it's hard to really help you if there is a technical issue.

Frequent Visitor

You only pay if you accept so yes i do want to be able to take calls that i choose. If had known that comcast was going to be deciding that for me i never would have went with there phone service. And for them to do it without stating so is shaddy at best .Im not sure if it is even legal.

Frequent Visitor

Its not about the cost of the calls John, the FCC has a cap on rates.Its about comcast controling who we can and cant talk to.http://www.fcc.gov/document/statement-inmate-calling-rate-cap-taking-effect