New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Use and Restrictions?

Regular Contributor

Use and Restrictions?

Can someone explain this:

"Offer ends 3/21/14 Not available in all areas. Offer limited to XFINITY Voice® Unlimited service and requires subscription to either XFINITY Digital TV or XFINITY Internet service at regular rates. To qualify for offer, service must be ordered via www.comcast.com. After first 6 months, monthly service charge goes to $39.99 for months 7-12. After 12 months, or if any service is cancelled or downgraded, regular charges apply. Comcast's current monthly service charge for XFINITY Voice Unlimited ranges from $39.95 to $44.95, and may vary depending on your area and other XFINITY services subscribed to, if any. Equipment, installation, taxes, the Regulatory Recovery Fee and other applicable charges (e.g., per-call, toll and international rates) extra. $29.95 activation fee waived if service ordered via www.comcast.com. May not be combined with other offers. Unlimited calling applies to direct-dialed calls from home to locations in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and certain other U.S. territories. Readable Voicemail requires XFINITY Voice and XFINITY Internet services. Transcription services are not error free and the accuracy of the transcription can be affected by a number of factors. Text Messaging: Standard data charges apply. Check with your carrier. Service (including 911/emergency services) may not function after an extended power outage. Transfers of existing telephone number not always available. Call clarity claim based on January 2012 analysis of traditional phone service by Tektronix. Caller ID on TV and laptop requires subscription to XFINITY TV, Internet, and Voice services Savings claim based on comparison of XFINITY Voice Unlimited service (with XFINITY TV or Internet service) and comparably featured traditional phone service as of January 2012. 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee applies to one month's recurring service charge and standard installation charges up to $500. Call for restrictions and complete details. © 2014 Comcast. All rights reserved."

O_o I no undertstand.   Way to much mumbo jumbo.

Regular Contributor

Re: Use and Restrictions?

Going to hook up my Clarity ensemble phone to my Technicolor wireless gateway. I need to activate the rj12 jacks though by ordering Voice.  I  got scared though. I seen the $39.95 to $44.95 and thereafter the $500.  That's signifcantly more than the $19.99 that was on top of the customize button.