Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Use TAD & Fax with Comcast Voice

Frequent Visitor

Use TAD & Fax with Comcast Voice

I have not switched to voice yet... My concern for one thing is I have 2 telephone lines now, one of which is only for fax purpose.  It is an All in one Printer/Fax so on.  The other line is my main line with all the phones (6).  I need the products located where they are... My idea was to take the wires from line 2 on the outside of the house (which has the All in One & another phone located in the basement on it.  My idea is that if I did this I would have the whole house on one line.   The problem then is conflict between TAD and FAX .  They are in separate locations and I thought if I set TAD for 4 rings and FAX (all in one printer) for six rings it should work. 

I can not use in same room.  Any feedback before I give Comcast a ring.  Of course the clerks have no idea. I got 4 different prices on call in and am unhappy that can not purchase more than 300 worldwide minutes, which comes out to 5 cents a minute.  I am told 300 is it and then pay at least 8 cents for over that.  If ideas in paragraph one pan out and I could get two 300 minute plans I would switch.  I currently pay 4 cents world wide.  Thanks.