Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Updated to new modem and now call waiting caller doesn't work anymore

Contributor

Updated to new modem and now call waiting caller doesn't work anymore

I was having a problem with my comcast modem so I went to comcast office and updated my modem. Once it was activated everything seemed to work but now I no longer have call waiting caller id . My caller id works if phone is hung up but not when I'm on an existing phone call. I have been on phone with comcast support numerous times in past week and they keep upgrading issue to next level tech support. I am disgusted and ready to switch to verizon . Comcast why am I paying for a feature I can't use any longer?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Updated to new modem and now call waiting caller doesn't work anymore

rave808 wrote:
 why am I paying for a feature I can't use any longer?

...You're not. There is no charge for CID or CW. Other customers choose to remove them, and they do not get a discount on the bill.

Contributor

Actually I am .....I am paying for phone service and this is one of the features included so I'm not getting full phone experience....it's like playing Russian roulette not knowing who's calling in
Silver Problem Solver

There is no charge for CID or CW.  It may be included, but customers who choose to remove it do not get a discount on their bill. If you look at your bill, it does not say CID or CW with a charge next to it.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast is one of the worst internet service providers I EVER experienced . 10 to 20 ( not kidding) times I’m forced  to connect /reconnect   modem cables on a daily basis just so I can check my emails etc !

I even made a movie about it which will be posted on You Tube once I gather more info .  

When I call their “award winning” costumer service all they do is  send yet another technician only to find out when he leaves the internet is , yet again ,hardly working. How can company ignore  lie and manipulate   millions of its costumers knowing very well the Comcast Internet System lacks behind is beyong any human comprehension  . I mean millions experience what I do yet no one cares . They only care about the $$$.

Contributor

Listen your missing my point if I'm paying for a service and ALL the available options aren't working then I feel in getting ripped off ...do you work for comcast if not you should you would fit right in
Silver Problem Solver

...And you're missing my point. You're not being ripped off. A free service is not working. You are not paying for it. I don't know how many times you want me to say this. If it's not working then contact support as these are customer to customer message boards.

Contributor

It's not free I pay for phone and that's part if the phone service
Contributor

No actually comcast techs do respond on here ....can you help me resolve the non working call waiting caller id if not move along
Silver Problem Solver

Well since you don't care to learn how you are being billed, then it's pointless to argue.

Contributor

I don't care I just to see who's calling me while I'm on the phone
Gold Problem Solver

John3758 wrote: There is no charge for CID or CW. ...

There's no charge on my bill for the Crystal Palace in Philly. Does that mean I didn't pay for it? Pretty sure I did!

"Not on the bill" != "free".

Edit to add: Whatever your investment in Comcast might be, the Help Forums are not an appropriate place to defend it.