Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Update

Regular Contributor

Update

I wanted to let those nice people who responded to my questions about Philadelphia area service know what has happened since all my questions.

Well, we took the plunge!  The service was installed (great techs) with no problems.  After reading the boards, I wanted to really make sure it worked before the techs left.  My eighty year old mom was home, so I told her before they left she had to call me at the office, then I would call back.  I told mom I wanted to make sure calls could come in and out.

The tech called me at my office telling me that mom said she had her orders, he was laughing.  I then called the house and get the tech saying "Housekeeping".  Ha, I wish.

Well, we haven't had one bit of trouble.  The transistion was great.  We've had quite a few thunder storms and rain with no phone outage. 

Thank you, Comcast, we are happy.  So many times we use the boards to vent; I wanted to let everyone know that things go right most of the time.  BTW, we are saving over $50 a month with the Triple Play plan.

There is one thing that I am confused about, I see mention about installation charges.  Are there?  I spoke to two people in customer services before committing and no one mentioned anything about installation charges.

Message Edited by ProudAmerican on 06-11-200709:05 AM

Frequent Visitor

Re: Update

There should be a one time activation fee 29.95. I believe this fee is for keeping your old phone number. No installation fee..unless they ran new wires for you.
Regular Contributor

Re: Update

Thanks, Del, I knew about the $29.95 but was a little confused by the other threads.

I don't think they had to run any wiring since I already had TV and internet.  Years ago, when I was having trouble with the internet; Comcast ran a dedicated line from the street to the computer.