Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unsuccessful getting phone features turned off.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 4

Acct Number: 8498 **** **** ****

Address: 13301 **** ******  WA

Phone Number: 253-853-****

Can you please help me. I've been unsuccessful in doing the following..........I would like to turn off Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting and Call Forwarding. They say it will take a few days but I've been trying for a while now with no success. 

Thank You

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 4

Kind of incredible, but these features are turned on by default, and there is no user interface to change them. I wanted to use my regular answering machine, so I needed to turn off voice mail. Took Comcast a few calls and several days altogether to get the job done. They seemed to regard it as a peculiar request.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
Thanks for trying. The people from Comcast I talk to over the phone seem to not understand Engish and are able to barely read from a script. Comcast should feel ashamed treating their Customers this way just to be able to spend 2.00 an hour Customer Service. I think I'll have no problem with a Class Actiom Suit for them failing to follow through on providing their service. They need to be knocked down a size or 2. They think they're untouchable due to their size, lobbying dollars and congressional donations. They aren't too big to fail, unlike they think they are.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 4

Hello ttjj69. I can certainly assist you if you still need assistance with removing the telephone features. We apologize for our delayed response and for your previous experiences when calling in. If you still need support, please private message me your account information since the information was blocked out above. (In order to protect your information publicly). 

To send the private message, click my name: "ComcastJoeTru", then click "Private Message Me".

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon