Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unpublished numbers

New Poster

Unpublished numbers

I switched to Comcast voice from Verizon a few years ago. Before then my number has ALWAYS been unpublished. I tried to call 411 and ask for myself and to my surprise my number is published. I did it because I could not figure out how all these people were getting my number. This is unacceptable. No one from Comcast made me aware of the change and they can't tell me why or when it happened.  That is also unacceptable.  I would suggest to those customers that think their number is unpublished call 411 and see if they will give you your number.  As for me, back to Verizon I go!

Cable Expert

Re: Unpublished numbers

You can get your number nonpublished from Comcast, but you have to tell Comcast that when you place your order, or call them to have it nonpublished again.  There is a setup fee which varies by state, and a monthly nonpublished fee also just like any other phone provider.

Non published numbers are not automatic with Verizon, Comcast or simliar providers you are the one that needs to order that option when your service is established.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon