Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unporting phone numbers/deactivating service

New Poster

Unporting phone numbers/deactivating service

Frustrated. 2nd time in 3 weeks.  I ordered a 2nd phone line to be added to my account. When they went to activate it they killed off the primary number. Took 3 days to get it back up.  Several weeks go by service is good. Then early this week they killed off my primary line AGAIN.  Spent HOURS on the phone and they kept kicking the can down the road - it will be tomorrow, it will be 2 days. You need a tech, no you don't need a tech to visit.  Now they have deactivated BOTH lines trying to get the original line back. They want to send a tech to the house but we all know this ISN'T the problem (especially since the new line was working up until 3 hours ago when the "activiation" department managed to mess it up). Voice mail works (only on 2nd line) but not on first line (because of porting it back to telco). Question is WHAT DEPARTMENT can fix this mess? I'm so frustrated, I'm thinking of going back to the phone company! No joke I have been on the phone 8 hours this week with them. I'd like to bill for my time.

New Poster

Re: Unporting phone numbers/deactivating service

Having similar problems. First started service Nov 11th. Kept service on with Verizon so things wouldn't get crazy but I still to this day need to have my phone hooked up to Verizon to receive phone calls. My line has a dialtone, but the phone doesnt rang. Have to have the phone plugged into the phone jack to get calls. 

I've completed the E911 verification four times, had a tech guy come out only to tell me he cant do anything and to call the customer service line. I asked for supervisors, one time they told it takes 2-3 days, next 4-5 days. MY NEXT PLAN OF ATTACK IS TO F'ING CALL BOTH COMPANIES AND HAVE THEM TO TALK TO EACH OTHER! LOL THIS IS F'ING RIDICULOUS! THERE'S NO WAY I WANT TO PAY THESE INCOMPETENT CROOKS FOR DIGITAL VOICE SERVICE WHEN I STILL HAVE TO PAY A BILL TO VERIZON TOO AND IT'S THEIR FAULT!!!!! I DONT HAVE TIME FOR NONSENSE, I WORK TOO MUCH TO WASTE TIME ON THIS!!!!!!