Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Universal caller ID

New Poster

Universal caller ID

My caller ID (on my PC) worked fine on the previously installed software.  Somehow the software updated and now does not work. I uninstalled the program, and removed the old shortcut from the start folder. Reinstalled the current program and added the shortcut back to the Startup folder.  The program starts up upon bootup and tells me I'm logged in. When a phone call comes in, the program does nothing. Can anyone help? what number should I call to get some help?

Thanks!

Regular Visitor

Universal Caller ID

Looks like I'm not the only one with the problem on the Caller ID update. Since updating Caller ID it will not connect to my PC .

You fixed my first problem with the caller id not connecting.

Now when it connects to the pc it disconnects after a few minutes. I connect again and a few minutes later it disconnects again. Frustrating!

New Poster

Re: Universal Caller ID

I cannot connect either since the "upgrade>."

Frequent Visitor

Last evening the Universal aller ID worked after not being able to connect all day, but today the same old problem with connecting.  This all happened after the upgrade.  It works o.k. on the TV, but not our PC.

New Poster

It seems like every time something new comes up it does not work properly.  This newest update again has not worked, what do we do to correct this situation?  I can see I'm not alone on this.

New Poster

The comcast connect screen comes up, but it will not let me connect.  The phone rings and nothing comes up on the computer.  This is a crappy setup.

New Poster

AFTER UPDATE CALLER ID WILL NOT  STAY CONNECTED

New Poster

Add me to the list.  I cannot select the automatic log in since the upgrade.  Typical upgrade, the program never works after the upgrade..

Regular Visitor

Re: Universal caller ID

Nearly the same issue here. After the update, Caller ID will no longer load on startup. I think it may have loaded once or twice, but then no more. Also, the option to have it load on startup is grayed out and unselectable. However, it does alert on incoming calls once I manually load the program. Another weird thing happened a few days after the updated version was installed. When re-starting the computer it failed to boot, giving a message "Root caused unspecified changes to system configuration." After a few more tries, it did finally boot up and seems to be OK now. But, this has never happened before, and the only obvious program change to the computer had been the Caller ID Update.

New Poster

Same problem exactly. I am using MacOS 10.6.8. It worked fine before. Why did it need "fixing"?

Frequent Visitor

How come no answers to all the above?

Regular Visitor

I also use MacOS 10.6.8 and have the same problem.  What good is this forum if no one from Comcast ever replies.  Is anyone working on fixing this?  Do they even know we are having a problem?

Cable Expert

After the upgrade last week, I reported to our Forum Admin from Comcast for an official response on what's going on, but haven't heard back.

Myself, I unstalled the UCID app, and reinstalled it and it's working great on Win 7 64bit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

After caller id update , it no longer comes up on computer

Regular Visitor

I just did as you suggested - uninstall then re-install.  Still nothing comes up on computer when phone rings.  Phone shows caller info, but not the computer.

New Poster

Like everyone else, I have the same problem.  I am running Mac OS X 10.7.3.  Where's the fix?

New Poster

Also experiencing problem with CID. Uninstallede and reinstalled without success. I get the following error code when I try to log in...CIDPC 070.

Frequent Visitor

I found the CallerID program in my C: /program files (x86) and deleted it.  I then went to http://www.comcast.net/callerid/  and installed it.  See if this helps.

Regular Visitor

New version of computer Caller ID

The new version of caller ID is not logging on my computer at all. What can I do to get it working again? I've set it to remember me and auto connect at launch, but when I hit the connect button, nothing happens.

Frequent Visitor

Re: New version of computer Caller ID

with the new version caller id           ring tone sounds     but no name or number will display      help!!!!

New Poster

I used to connect but it the version never popped up, now I can't connect at all either.  If you ever get an answer, please let me know what you learned.  Thanks.

New Poster

Caller ID Disconnecting at random times

I'm having trouble with my caller ID disconnecting at random times, but often after the computer goes to sleep. I've checked to launch at start-up and automatically connect, but it doesn't seem to remember to do that. I have a Mac and was wondering if that could be part of the problem. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Caller ID Disconnecting at random times

Mine has also been disconnecting at random times.  Had this problem before and it's back again.

Frequent Visitor

Having this problem for a week or more.

New Poster

I am having the same problem, sometimes every 10 minutes.  Took forever to get this working to have this problem.  Doesn't matter if I check Launch at Startup or I do it manually  Hope there is an easy fix

New Poster

Same here, it worked until the new version came out Smiley Sad

New Poster

Its a disaster. Spent hours with HELP and no resolution. Cannot do the upgrade and cannot remove the notification that need to do the upgrade on desktop. All worked well until this upgrade notice came out.

New Poster

Comcast Caller ID

I upgraded to the new version of the software, and cannot stay logged in. The program logs me off after a few minutes and asks me to log back in. Suggestions on how to stay logged in unless my computer is shut down?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Comcast Caller ID

You need to be more specific.  What software are you referring to? 

New Poster

The latest version of Xfinity Caller ID software. It does not appear to be labeled with a version number, but the background color is black. Just downloaded it from the Comcast site within the last few days.

New Poster

I'm having this same problem and it all started with an upgrade...and the only difference I can see is now there's a black box instead of a grey one, and it now says Xfinity instead of Comcast.  I've called about this and as with every time I call Comcast and they put me on hold, I'm disconnected.  And not one time has anyone ever called me back!!  I'm sick of this disconnecting nonsense and I'm sick of Comcast!! Woman Mad

Service Expert

Is it the caller id for your computer?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Yes.

New Poster

It sounds like I'm lucky I can't update my Caller IDl  The notice popped up on my computer but when I tried to update, I got a message that the installer has been misconfigured and can't install.  That's fine, but I can't get rid of the notice.  I even tried shutting everything done for a couple of hours but it was still there when I rebooted.

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  I wonder if you are allowed to have caller id software running on more than one computer at a time?  In other words, if it is on two computers, does logging in on one log the other one off?

Frequent Visitor

Caller ID doesn't work on TV or CPU!! What gives?Man Mad

Regular Visitor

my caller ID keeps getting disconnected, I'll log in and it only stays on for a minute.

Regular Visitor

After updating to the new version of the caller id app a couple of weeks ago, one of my two comcast voice numbers no longer displays the caller id when receiving calls.  The other continues to work.  I've spent, literally, hours on the phone being bounced around among support people -- none of whom have any clue.

Both numbers displayed the callerid fine in prior version of the app... why can we not get Comcast to acknowledge a bug and fix it?

Mac OS 10.7.3

New Poster

Caller ID Disconnecting at random times

Every ten minutes or so, a connect is required, as it disconnects by itself.  Suspect drop in Internet connection.  Been going on since the upgrade.

New Poster

This is a giant pain in the tooshie.

Called comcast support on several occasions.

They Can't fix it.

I gave up.

Frequent Visitor

Universal Caller ID for the PC Keeps Dropping Out

My PC is running WIn XP.  I have all three services from Comcast.

In late February I returned home from a lengthy trip.  The modem was on while I was away, so I reset it.  I noticed that the Caller ID keep dropping in and out about every 8 to 10 minutes. Comcast tech support said my signal quality was good.  While this dropping in/out occurs I am sometimes playing an on-line game, and it has been my experience that on-line games are really sensitive to signal quality.  If you have a signal quality problem, they drop out in a heart beat.  This hasn't happened, so I don't think it has anything to do with the signal.

I have reported this problem multiple times since then.  I never received feedback as far as what actions were being taken.  The times I got a call-back from Tech Support, all they wanted to know was if I was still having the problem.  When I said 'yes', they said they'd forward it to someone 'back east' to take care of, and I never heard anything else.

The current Caller ID software version is 3.1.28.  Some days it stays up most of the day, but there are times when it drops out about every 10 minutes.  Unlike the previous version of Caller ID, this one will not automatically restart.  You have to restart it by hitting the 'Connect' button.  When I hit 'Connect', it immediately reconnects and says 'You are now logged in'.  I never ger the 'unable to login' message that I have seen in the past.

When it is connected and an incoming call comes in, it works perfectly, so there are no issues there.  I also have Caller ID set up on my cable / TV, and that works fine as well.

New Poster

Re: caller ID on PC

I also have the same problem. Caller ID will not stay logged in. I am running win7pro. It is quite annoying. Comcast, what are you doing/ going to do about this?

New Poster

Well you asked!  They've finally done something!  What?  They've fixed it so it reconnects on its own now!!

That's it!  Still continues to go out as often and that dam annoying black box that pops up constantly on top of whatever you're doing, just sits there and waits for you to X out of it!!  But now it reconnects all by itself. 

Some kinda progress, Comcast!  For this we pay and arm and a leg!

I have this great little program called "JD's Auto Speed Tester".  Small little thing, but it just so happens that when that ID caller goes out, my speed is down!  The caller makes the reconnection, but it's just enough to break it in the first place. 

And will you just look at that....the trusty black box just popped up again!  Stopped me from typing, covered part of this post....

Comcast?  Your service sucks!!!

Regular Visitor

I guess I am just going to uninstall the program and relegate it to a memory of an interesting little app that used to be kinda cool. It still works on my TV, but I haven't seen a caller ID notice on my Mac screen since the update.  It says that I am logged in, but nothing happens when the phone rings.  I think Comcast needs to hire a couple of third or fourth graders who know how to fix this sort of thing.  I mean, I am no programmer, but how hard can this be to fix?  It used to work perfectly!

Regular Visitor

I am experiencing the same problem on my Mac with the Caller ID application randomly disconnecting and usually reconnecting on its own.  The prior major version of this application worked wonderfully UNTIL it was upgraded with the Black window background a few weeks ago.  I thought Comcast would fix this problem but it hasn't happened.  The most irritating aspect of this problem is the application gives you no reason for the disconnect/reconnect.  I have been a Mac developer for years and know that an application should log problems to a log file and post on the window an error number or error string so that the diagnostic information can be referenced to support staff.  

The second problem is when this happens, the focus shifts to the Caller ID window and if you are typing or doing something in another window, your typing is disrupted and your must take action to get yourself back in your application to resume your work.  VERY UNACCEPTABLE.

When a disconnect occurs it usually reconnects in several seconds BUT not always.  Sometimes I find when I receive a call on my phone that the Caller ID is disconnected (and my caller ID isn't functioning) and that I have to manually reconnect it.  The TV and Phone don't seem to have the problem- just the Caller iD app on my computer.

This feels like developer amateur hour.  Please fix this simple and IRRITATING PROBLEM!  This can't be very complex!!

Robert