Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Universal caller ID not working

New Poster

Universal caller ID not working

I've been a Comcast triple play customer for awhile now. I got an IPod touch six months ago and downloaded the xfinity app. A few weeks ago, I found the caller ID feature. I installed it on the computer but still haven't seen it work. And I can't get it to turn on on the IPod. The button is greyed out and says I must be subscribed to turn it on. Please tell me how to get this feature to work on both the computer and my IPod. Thanks bunches!!
Cable Expert

Re: Universal caller ID not working

Are you on Comcast Triple Play with Motorola set top equipment?

If you have Scientific Atlanta or Cisco equipment this feature is not yet available to you.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Huh? lol I'm sorry but I have no clue what you're asking me. Are you talking about the router? It's a Netgear. My computer is a HP.
New Poster

Oh wait. Are you talking about the cable box itself? It is a Scientific Atlanta.
Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

They are asking if you have internet, phone and tv service. lf you have the tv service do you have the motorola or pace set top box?

New Poster

So I can't get this feature? Any idea when it'll be available? And what does the cable box have to do with the computer and IPod? The Tv part, I can understand but the other two don't have anything to do with the box.
Cable Expert

These features will be available to Cisco / Scientific Atlanta subscribers in the coming year.  Once Guide 2.0 is deployed on your local cable system, then Comcast will notify you when these new features will be coming out.

Right now, it is not available to you.  it is dependent on upgrades to the Scientific Atlanta headend systems.

You will be notified when the Guide 2.0 is rolled out to you, then you know it's getting close.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Oh ok. Guess I'll just have to keep an eye out for it then. Thanks bunches!! :-)
Contributor

I have an iPod 4th gen and caller ID was working great until I updated the Xfinity app on June 16th.  Now the button is greyed out.  I have Triple Play but I'm not subscribed to Universal Caller ID.  My cable boxes are Scientific Atlanta but that didn't matter a week ago.  Was this part of the app update - taking away CID?