Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Universal Caller ID problem

Regular Visitor

Universal Caller ID problem

I recently completed my first year as a Comcast Triple Play customer (I was previously a TV-only customer for many years.  I've never had a problem with Universal Caller ID on my TV, until recently.  Access seems to have disappeared.  I recently took advantage of a new promotion when my original one expired and, with the exception of the addition of HBO, I have the same service and options that I have had since switching to Triple Play over a year ago.

I checked the webpage, and I updated my settings by following the information provided.  However, when I finished all of the steps indicated, I received a message that I must subscribe to Digital TV and Digital Voice to use this feature.  Since I already subscribe to Triple Play which includes Digital TV, Digital Voice and Internet, this message is obviously in error.

How can I regain access to Universal ID? 

Cable Expert

Re: Universal Caller ID problem

Any Comcast support agent should be able to confirm or add the proper codes on your account to make the UCID work.  If they can't add it, then they should rebuild your account from scratch.

If you can't get anywhere with the phone reps, then email to we_can_help@comcast.com and the Comcast Cares Team will get the right people on it to fix it.  Include a link to this forum post.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon